Lindie-mod
Lindie-mod,

I cannot launch Microsoft Excel, Word, or Outlook. I am unable

Customer Question

I cannot launch Microsoft Excel, Word, or Outlook. I am unable to repair any of the above or the Click to Start program. When I attempt launch I get a timeout. I have attempted repair or change and I get the click to start failure messgage. I have also attempted to restore. This occured yesterday shortly after a Windows 7 update.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Qin Xia replied 2 years ago.

Qin Xia :

Hello, Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is Qin. It is my pleasure to work with you to solve your problems.

Qin Xia :

Let me know when you are ready

Qin Xia :

Thanks

Customer :

Apologies; just chilling out - may we begin

Customer :

Just a heads up. The computer I am discussing with you is at my office. I am home.

Customer :

Are you available to chat at this time?

Qin Xia :

yes

Qin Xia :

you tried system restore

Qin Xia :

?

Qin Xia :

right?

Customer :

Yes, several times...

Qin Xia :

do you recall the full error message?

Customer :

May I inquire as to your location?

Customer :

Office click to start failed

Customer :

There never was a full on error message - just no activity...

Qin Xia :

I am in US

Customer :

Thank you

Qin Xia :

I am checking

Customer :

It is only office 2010 programs - the rest of the software is running just fine. Again No outlook, no word, and no excell

Customer :

I was hoping to download from Micrsoft - reinstall if necessary, but I really hate to purchase again

Qin Xia :

I see. hold a moment,

Customer :

I have inspected the registry based upon some other solutions and it appears to be intact.

Qin Xia :

Can you give a try to install office 2010 service pack 1?

Qin Xia :

click link below

Qin Xia :

after download and install, see if the problem is solved

Qin Xia :

thanks

Customer :

I will attempt to copy and save the lin and try it in the morning when I get to work. Thank you.

Customer :

Will I be able to connect up with you sometime tomorrow - Saturday

Qin Xia :

yes

Qin Xia :

bookmark this page

Qin Xia :

Ctrl D

Qin Xia :

and drop a message and keep me updated

Qin Xia :

thanks

Qin Xia :

Hope it works

Customer :

Thank you - until tomorrow

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!