lordnomi
lordnomi, Consultant
Experience:  Certified Expert having 10+ years of experience in IT field
64394900

I forgot my hotmail password. When I try to reset I get message

Customer Question

I forgot my hotmail password. When I try to reset I get message saying 'something unexpected happened and we couldn't perform the requested operation. Please try again later. We weren't able to load the challenge. Please click and try again." When I try again same thing happens.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 years ago.
We could do this for you. However, that would leave your browser still in a non working condition. The reason your having the issue and getting that error message is we need to perform a fix on your browser.

So lets try this as a first step to resolving the issue.

Follow the steps on this page to reset internet explorer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

If you cannot get the automatic Fixit program to run, then follow the manual steps shown underneath that section. Once Internet explorer is reset.

Start internet explorer again.. And then go to hotmail and try again to reset your password XXXXX It should not still say 'something unexpected happened" And it should allow you to reset your password, and then sign in.

If anything goes wrong, please let me know.

Thanks,

D.Sandlin

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Expert:  lordnomi replied 5 years ago.
just sent a codeto your cell phone to reset your password
Please check it

Further sent you a password XXXXX link at your live.com email account

Please check it and proceed

lordnomi, Consultant
Experience: Certified Expert having 10+ years of experience in IT field