derrickonline
derrickonline, Information Technology Manager
Experience:  15 years experience in the Information Technology field.
22792886

I have a Slingbox Pro HD. The power light will not stay on

I have a Slingbox Pro HD. The power light will not stay on more than a few seconds then all the lights go off. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  derrickonline replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Typically that's an indication that your box has failed. You may need to seek warranty repair or replacement if that's available. However as a last resort you could try doing a factory reset in hopes it was just malfunctioning. The catch is, after you do the hard reset you'll need to set up the Slingbox again as if it were new.

Resetting Sling Box

To reset your Slingbox, you must be on your home network and be able to physically access the Slingbox.

1. With your Slingbox powered on, press and hold the Reset button on the back of the Slingbox for five seconds.

2. The lights on the front of the Slingbox quickly flash from left to right, and then flash slowly.

3. The Slingbox is reset after 30 seconds.

4. Once reset, the Power light stays solid.

5. If your Slingbox is connected to your router, the Network light will also go on when it receives an IP address.

pro-hd-reset.png (400×240)

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No way to reset since the power is only on for a 2-3 seconds before going off. Is this issue a common problem with Slingbox Pro HD. I never had a problem with regular Slingbox Pro.
I can't confirm or deny whether it's a specific issue with the Pro HD but the ones I have seen with this issue have been Pro HD

Experience: 15 years experience in the Information Technology field.