Ed
Ed, Computer Tech
Experience:  Own a Computer Repair Store

today, when I use google chrome, it comes up as mystart. What

today, when I use google chrome, it comes up as mystart. What is this and how do I get rid of it? I'm using Windows 7
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ed replied 1 year ago.

Ed :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer, a paid tech support site.

Ed :

To set the home page to a different site goto that site and then click tools menu, internet options, use current.

Customer:

let me go there and try that, I tried changing the home page earlier

Ed :

ok

Customer:

it goes to the my start, it won't change

Ed :

When you display the internet options, what is listed in the homepage box

Customer:

the current page is faded out. default say go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=69157

Ed :

I'm sorry. Are you in Internet Explorer or Chrome?

Customer:

I use chrome. Right now I'm using firefox to get through to you

Ed :

OK. You need to do the followin in chrome not firefox. CLick wrench icon at top right of screen, then settings

Ed :

change the home page in the Home page box and the search in the search box

Customer:

OK, I've done that now what.

Ed :

close chrome and reopen it and see if it is fixed

Customer:

That fixed the problem. I have no idea where this Mystart came from. It the address bar it had www2.mystart.com

Customer:

I've never heard of www2.

Ed :

You clicked on something somewhere and installed the blekko program

Customer:

That is weird, the only new program I installed yesterday was openoffice.org. It must have been buried in the info and I missed it. Thank you for your help.

Ed :

yes they typically try to trick you into installing junk

Ed :

you are welcome. please click accept and have a great day.

Customer:

I will be more careful. You saved me gas and time, you are very efficient. Thanks again

Ed, Computer Tech
Experience: Own a Computer Repair Store