Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

My pc/laptop action sluggish, slow. I have windows 7 on my

My pc/laptop action sluggish, slow.
I have windows 7 on my laptop, lately, my computer has been acting slow, sluggish, and making the sounds like if it is working hard, booting up.
I hate my computer,
slow to open internet browsers, takes a while to open My documents, My pictures etc.
When I am in a hurry, takes a while, bad feeling and fustration.

For my desk pc, I have windows xp. doing the same thing.
Solutions please.
Both computers have 2gigs ram.
give me tips, like to check the ram, what programs to use or how to disable the star up programs etc..
Need good answers and solutions please. Otherwise, I will ask for another expert.

I will give really good comments if you help out.

I tried systems doctor Iolo System Mechanic 10.7 and not happy about it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Note: Please press CTRL+D on your keyboard to save this page as a favorite/bookmark or return through your email links if you setup your email address with Justanswer. The steps below will cause you to lose connection with our chat for a couple of minutes.

Please click on Start then type in MSCONFIG. RIGHT click on MSCONFIG and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Click on the Startup tab and disable all

Click APPLY then OK

You will be prompted for a restart. Restart your computer. The reboot time and load should be quicker.

Once you reboot your computer please do this:

1. Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (Including our chat)

click Start

Type the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER:

inetcpl.cpl

The Internet Options dialog box appears.

1. Click the Advanced tab.
  2. Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
  3. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
  4. Start Internet Explorer again.

After that is complete please run a virus scan:

, please download/run Malware Bytes. You can download it here ---> http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

After it is downloaded/installed then run a FULL scan. Once it is completed, removed any viruses and restart your computer. (When prompted DO NOT start the trial, again DO NOT start the trial otherwise it will ask for you to pay at the end of the scan)

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why download malware?, I don't have a virus, But I will do it now.
Also, I have google crome, firefox, even One launching these, takes forever.
My computer laptop and pc each has like 320 gigs, and each one I used like 100gb,
Yes, I use the internet a lot, have programs into my system, and a lot of documents, pictures.
But, takes a while to boot it up, when I want to multi task, like browsers open, takes a while to make the switch etc..
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Please be sure to follow all of the steps - It will speed up your reboot process tremendemously and should allow programs to load faster

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am having problems with my XP.
AFter I restarted, it says. SYSTEM CONFIGURATION UTILITY.
it says more or less this.
The System conf utility currently in diagnosis or selective startup mode.
Choose the NORMAL start-up mode on the general tab to start Windows normally.

help.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, after I disable, it says I need to login as Administrator, I am the owner and current user on my pc.
thanks
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
You MUST run the msconfig as an adminstrator - Please be sure to follow my steps above carefully please changing the startup mode is not in my steps

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I read your instructions but I don't see administrator
I typed in Run...msconfig
then I see the System Conf Utility, I see General tab etc..

Righ now is selected, selective startup and all the items are checked.

help me out, please, not just say read instructions, I did already
thanks
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Once you are in MSCONFIG click on the STARTUP tab and then click on DISABLE ALL

Click on APPLY then OK

Restart computer

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it says, An Access Denied Error, you may need to logon as Administrator to make specific changes.. why?
help please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you can not help me, please refer me with another expert. I know you tried, but I don't see I am going further, I did exactly what you said.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Please click here ---> http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=d0e7599a-63d6-43c0-85a4-17ee475eeae6&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Select I AGREE,RUN when prompted

Once complete I will have control of your computer and fix the issue for you

Josh, Support Specialist
Experience: 5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i did
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
OK thanks