Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Associates in Computer Sciences ; Cisco Product Expert.
29701876

Windows 7 system.Having trouble with Citrix web plug in.Will

Customer Question

Windows 7 system. Having trouble with Citrix web plug in. Will not let me uninstall and reinstall because it says another client is already on my system.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Hans Uebelhoer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.Please use my steps to uninstall and remove CItrix using command line.

First I want you to open an elevated command prompt by doing the follwoing

1. Click on start
2. Click on all programs
3. Click on accessories
4.right click on command prompt and choose Run as Administrator
5. Please typ the following and hit enter CitrixOnlinePluginWeb.exe /uninstall there is a space after exe
Once it has uninstalled please try to re install

If you still have any issue please provide exact error messages.

It was a pleasure to work with you today. IMPORTANT: Please be sure to click on the GREEN ACCEPT Button and Rate my answer so that I am compensated by the Website. ALSO if you have time to provide personal Feedback It is very important to me. BONUS’S very much appreciated

Regards

Hans Uebelhoer

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did as you instructed. Error message:

'CitrixOnlinePluginWeb.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
OK please install this program its a uninstaller program but works much better than windows native uninstaller.

CLICK HERE

Make sure on step 2 of the install that you remove the check mark from all 3 boxes that are show you dont want to install any of those third pary items.

Once it is installed open it up and its ging to list all of your programs in the large box, please find yours click on it, then click on uninstall at the top.

Let me know if you get any errors and if so please provide the exact error as before.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did as you instructed. Thought I was successful, but when I tried to reinstall Citrix Presentation Server Client for 32 bit windows (what my company wants me to use) it failed to install and I received this error:

Your client installation cannot continue. The installer detects that a client already exists on your device that can be modified only by an administrator. To upgrade that client, contact your administrator.
Ok we need to remove it from the registery let me check into this and get back to you. WHen does this need to be working by?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No rush. I've been trying to fix it on my own for weeks. Thanks for any support you can provide.
Ok there is a page that citrix provides that tells you how to remove it from the registery. I will give you the link. If you are unsure about anything please ask me before you do it.

Here is the link http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX121917

Since you already removed the install file start on that page where you see the sentnce

"A list of Globally Unique Identifiers (GUIDs) for public releases of the Citrix ICA Client for Windows can be found at the end of this article."

Again let me know if you have problems or questions. ONce removed from registery try re installing.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did as you instructed. New error message when I try to load my company's citrix program:
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'ICAWebWrapper.msi' in the box below.
And it gives me the option to browse my files. I searched my C drive for that file and no results. What next?
OK now what you need to do is Downoad the Program again by going to this link. http://www.citrix.com/lang/English/lp/lp_2309126.asp or if you already have a download lnk from yoru company. And when it asks you for the folder containing that ICAWebWrapper.msi choose the install package.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did as you said. Received this error message when I selected the ica32web.msi installation package:

The file 'C:\Users\Brian\Downloads\ica32web.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Online Plug-in. Try to find the installation package 'ICAWebWrapper.msi' in a folder from which you can install Online Plug-in.
Can your work provide you with their install package it will contain that file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess I'll have to take my personal computer to the IT department at my work. Thanks.
Can't they provide you a link with the download? It looks like we were able to get rid of te existing package but we need to right package to re install.