Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Computer wont turn on. When i push the power button the light

Computer won't turn on. When i push the power button the light in the wireless button comes on and the blue tooth symbol comes on but not the light in the power button. Nor does the computer or it's fan or monitor
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

- What is the make and model of the computer

- When did you buy this computer and since when are you facing this issue

- Did this problem begun after you installed/removed some software/hardware

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The computer is a Mdg dura book s14y. I have had it for four years without any problems until today. I turned it off, packed it in a carrying case and put it in my car. When I unpacked it, it would not start.
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for the information.

Please do the following carefully and let me know result :
1. Shutdown and Unplug your laptop.
2. Remove the battery from the laptop.
3. Wait 2-3 minutes
4. Now press ON (power button on laptop) for 1 minute
5. Then release the finger and wait one more minute.
6. Now plug in the power cable (dont insert battery yet) and press ON button.
7. Did your screen start working now ? (do you see windows loading)

Let me know how it goes. Do you see any change in LEDs on/blinking.

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing has changed. The computer still does not turn on.
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi

Now, first make sure that the power adapter / cord is fine and is giving right output voltage. If the adapter is broken it will not charge up the laptop and so you can see this behavior. Same thing can happen if the power jack in the laptop is broken.

Only when its confirmed that power adapter and power jack is not bad, do as stated further.

What we just did is, we drained all charge from your motherboard. But it still didnt work.

Now you can check these things again (even though you have done it before):
1. Try re-inserting the RAM (memory modules) - do this first. Ram is located on back of laptop under a lid and you will have to open couple screws to reach it.
2. Bios battery. It is a button type battery located on the motherboard inside your laptop. Replace it with new one.

If this doesnt work out than its possible that the BIOS has got corrupted. You should get it flashed by taking it to some repair shop.

If this doesnt work, than your motherboard or ram is damaged. You need to get it repaired or replaced. I would suggest you to take quotes from few places because sometimes replacement is cheaper than repair.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The power supply seems to be working I tried removing the battery as well. It has not helped...
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.

You can follow the rest of the steps explained my me in the answer above.

Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience: 11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO