Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax

Locked by Customer Service

Trying to install Office Standard 2010 (OFFICE14) from a disc created from a downloaded ISO file. When I click setup.exe it says, "D:\Standard.WW\OSETUP.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present. Please advise :-)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 2 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

Hello.

Customer:

HI !

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hi, it seems there is a problem with downloaded file. let me give you another link

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

so you can download it again.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

do you have your 25 digit key?

Customer:

Yes, I do.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

i am preparing your link

Customer:

Thanks.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

http://tinyurl.com/33n5dv3

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

here is the download link. can you download it & install. it is a big file (520 mb) so it will take some time to fully download

Customer:

When I download this file, do I have to create another CD disc in order to install it, Jerry ?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

no, you don't need to create any cd or dvd . it is self-executable file. (after the download, just run it - double click- )

Customer:

OH, Joy !

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

it will be very easy. it is not an iso file. it is exe (stand-alone self executable file)

Customer:

Excellent !!! - So, would you know, why couldn't the software4students.com resellers supply me with an executable file in the first place ? - They gave up trying to help me, after hours of messing about and suggested I try Microsoft support, which is how I ended up with you........?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

there are two versions. iso and exe. iso version is a little complicated . because isos are not self executable (you need to burn it on dvd to be able to work with it)

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

I don't know why they don't give the exe version. probably they only have the iso version.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

by the way, if you have a flash drive (usb drive) or external harddisk, i recommend you to save the file on it, because you may need to use the exe file again in the future. (so you don't need to re-download it )

Customer:

Ah, OK. - The download for the computer in question is not reliable, keeps falling offline. If that happens during the download, (well, it just did !) will I have to begin the download from scratch ?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

if you are downloading with firefox, firefox has resume-pause capability, so it may start from the last byte.

Customer:

Oh, I just realised ! - I could download it using my reliable laptop, and then put the files onto a USB Flash Drive device and install it on the Charity's computer from that, am I right ?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

correct. you can download it from any computer. and then use the exe file on any computer again.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

file is 524 mb. so you will need to be sure there is enough space in your flash-drive.

Customer:

Brilliant ! Thank you. - If I have any kind of a problem with this, from now on, until I have it installed, am I able to get back to you on the subject, please?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

yes, you can.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

I will be here. you can add this page to your favorites (bookmarks)

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

so when you need to come back, you can open this page from your favorites.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

I will be here.

Customer:

Thank you, Jerry :-) - It has started downloading onto the Charity's PC (says it will be 2 + hours) - I reckon I will try it on my laptop, using a ethernet cable to the router - would that make it quicker ?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

yes, it will be quicker.

Customer:

OK - Off I go ! - The software was £53, because it is a charity (Samaritans) whereas it would have been hundreds, I guess, otherwise. I am that fed up with trying to get it installed that I paid your £35 myself, rather than waste any more time. I am well happy with that. Thank you for your service.
Cheers ! :-)

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

yes, it is normally $499. you are welcome, best regards.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

I will be here if something goes wrong

Customer:

Thanks ! :-)

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

you are welcome.

Customer:

Jerry, may I ask you a question, please ?

Customer:

My shift is due to end in twenty minutes, when I have to go home, taking my laptop with me. Will I be able to re-connect to the link and continue the download (so far 240Mb out of 526 downloaded) or could I start from scratch with it, clicking on the link you gave me when I get home?
I could leave it running on the Charity's PC, which has 3 hours 40 minutes to go (136 Mb downloaded) and then come in and install it on Saturday, though I would rather have the files safe on a Flash Drive before then, if possible, by using my laptop at home...?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hello.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

yes, you can.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

otherwise, you can start again

Customer:

OK, Good. thanks again, Jerry. :-)

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

you are welcome. best regards.

Experience: Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jerry - I managed to complete the download on the Charity's PC and, using LogMeIn, I went to install it. When I entered the MAK Key, it told me that it was invalid. So I tried the other key, and got the same answer. I can send you a printscreen of the Microsoft Licensing page, with our keys showing, if you like, but none of them work. What should I do, please ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
It didn't solve the problem. Please see text of previous conversations with Jerry. He was very courteous and helpful, but the link he gave me led to my activation key being dismissed as invalid. I am desperate to know what to do. This is for the Samaritans, a major British Charity, and I have promised to get it sorted out for them. :-(
Expert:  Yegarboy replied 2 years ago.
Hey there you will need to contact Microsoft for this one. Give them the error code and your Product key and they will issue a code that works.

Here is a link to a solution center. Click the box and follow the instructions.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836178

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cannot get through to Microsoft in UK 'til tomorrow. Unable to call a 1-800 USA number by landline. Skype is blocked from accepting calls to the USA helpline number. So I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow.
Meanwhile, because you were not able to solve my problem, in spite of Jerry being very helpful and courteous, and you too, YegarBoy, and because you have told me that I will have to go to Microsoft to resolve this problem, please may I have a refund of my £35? - I would much rather that you would have been able to solve my problem and therefore not be asking for a refund, believe me, but it is the Charity's money, so I have to ask you for it back, you see ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other. I am requesting a refund of my £35 GBP. Please see conversations with Jerry and YegarBoy for reasons.
Unresolved problem and you have now referred me to Microsoft.
Everyone has been very courteous and as helpful as they could be but the money belongs to the Samaritans, a major UK charity, which is why I am requesting a refund, please.
I hope you can understand and I can assure you that I will come back to Justanswer.com in future for any answers that we need.