John, Computer Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

had metropolitan police scam virus that has corrupted my computer

had metropolitan police scam virus that has corrupted my computer please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.

John :

Hello and Welcome to Just answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today

John :

Hello sir,Please specify the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Xp, Windows Vista or Windows 7

Customer:

Hello John my name is XXXXX XXXXX 7 i think ime not much ov a computer buff sorry

John :

can you boot to windows 7 now ?

Customer:

The same thin happend on 24th feb and was sorted i also subscribed to mcafee so thought this wouldnt happen again

John :

OH OK.are you chatting from the problematic PC now?

Customer:

yes

John :

Before we continue Please bookmark/add to favourites this page, use that bookmark or favourites to get back to the chat if you accidentally close the page

Customer:

how do i add to favorites

John :

Are you using Internet explorer?

Customer:

yes

John :

can you see favorites in the top left of Internet explorer

Customer:

yes

John :

click on it then click on add to favorites then click on add

Customer:

ok i have done that

John :

do you get this in your pc

Full Size Image

Customer:

something like that yes

John :

Please click on this link http://tinyurl.com/yj58u6d download and save it.then run it as administrator

John :

did you manage to download and save the rkill in that link

Customer:

i think so

John :

now right click on the downloaded file and click on Run as administartor

Customer:

i dont know how

John :

do you know where the downloaded file is saved?

Customer:

no

John :

open your documents then open downloads then right click on rkill and right click on Run as administrator

Customer:

is this for unknown publisher to make changes for me ?

John :

its ok you can click on continue

Customer:

getting confused john it was d/w quite quickly before

John :

you mean installed quickly ?

Customer:

put right

John :

ok its a small file and it will run quickly

Customer:

i didnt have to do anything like this

Customer:

but i dont know if ime even doing the right thing

John :

can i remote access to your pc and do it for you

Customer:

so do i go to tools n view downloads ?

Customer:

yes please

John :

One moment Please .do not leave the PC. I will give the link to remote access your PC

John :

Please click on this link http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=50a732da-42da-4994-bb68-8bf4d47f424f&SUPPORT=NET then you will get a disclaimer please click on i agree. Then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again
Let me know once it’s connected

John :

how did you manage to remove this before ?

John :

i am going to restart the PC

John :

use the favorite if i get disconnected

John :

your system is totally infected this time i will try to clear it if that fails then you need to restore the computer to factory settings which will erase the data on the computer and install windows,drivers and all applications that came with the pc

John :

i am going to restart again

John :

???

John :

Everything seems to be working fine so please don’t forget to click ACCEPT button in this chat page & leave a POSITIVE Feedback. That’s the only way i get paid for the services that I have provided to you. Some Bonus will be well appreciated

John, Computer Specialist
Experience: MCP, RHCE