Mary, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  20+ years working with both Mac and Windows computers and peripherals

I have a complete disc set of "PRINT SHOP" deluxe version 21.

Customer Question

I have a complete disc set of "PRINT SHOP" deluxe version 21. Ihave a new computer with WINDOWS 7 operating system. Can this PRINT SHOP software be installed in my new computer? Your answer will be a great help to me and much appreciated.

Thomas Hribar
E: mail [email protected]
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mary replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

It depends on which version of Windows 7 you are using. The PrintShop program must be installed and run under Windows XP compatibility mode and certain versions of Windows 7 don't support this.

So, if you do the following and tell me what you find, we can determine compatibility for you:

Click on your Start Menu Button
Right click on My Computer
Choose Properties

Tell me the version of Windows 7 you see listed in the window that appears.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I copied all the info that I saw;

WINDOWS 7 home premium Copyright@ 2009 Microsoft Corp. Service pack 1

5.5 Windows Experience Rating

Product ID 00359-OEM-(NNN) NNN-NNNN77808

Expert:  Mary replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for that information.

Unfortunately Windows 7 Home Premium isn't able to run in Windows XP compatibility mode, so your copy of PrintShop 21 isn't listed as working with it.

However, there is a rather lengthy (but not difficult) process I'm happy to step you through if you'd like to give it a try. Many users have reported being able to get this software to run, albeit with some errors and some limited functionality.

However, depending on your specific needs, the basic version (not the pro) of PrintShop Deluxe 23 is available for about $35:

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm not much of a computer "nerd" but I manage. Your Answer was very clear and very helpfull. Thank you very much.
Expert:  Mary replied 4 years ago.
You are very welcome and I very much appreciate the accept!

All the best,