Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

How do I get rid of banner ads on Google Chrome, such as the

How do I get rid of banner ads on Google Chrome, such as the ones that show up when I'm using JustAnswer? I know I can click the X to close them, but I want to prevent them from showing up in the first place. Is there some kind of extension to get for Chrome that will block banner ads?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

You can block ads with:

Just click Install Adblock Plus then confirm the installation of the add-on

However, you should note that what you're seeing on JustAnswer is a modal box, and not a popup or banner ad. A modal box is one that "floats" over the content, and in this case, it originates from the web site itself and isn't a sponsorship or advertisement, and no add-on could easily block that.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OMG! It worked! It got rid of the banner ad at the top of the JustAnswer page! Thanks Frederick!