Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Experience:  MCSE, MCP
18224842

windows 7 will not open a .pes embroidery file

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Do you have the embroidery program installed on your computer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No - didn't know there was a general embroidery program - just thought it could be downloaded from business to computer and then put on USB flash drive

I see, unfortunately you do need a program to open that type of file, it isn't included with Windows 7. If you just want to view the file, you can download the free trial of Buzz Tools from here:

http://www.buzztools.com/updates/be3-trial.asp

Once that software is installed you should be able to open the .PES file. The trial will work for 21 days. If you need it longer than that you would need to purchase the program, but this should be sufficient if you just need to review it quickly. Let me know if you need clarification.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK Erik .. think I finally have it figured out .. appreciate your help. I can actually see the download now!
Good job. Thank you and let me know if you need anything else!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK - it is working on my embroidery machine!!!!!! Thnx