TaylorTech
TaylorTech, Computer Repairer
Experience:  6 College Certificates, 16 years exp, Own Computer Business
13888338

My Chat feature on the POF site is not working, it was this

Customer Question

My Chat feature on the POF site is not working, it was this morning, But now it shows so many codes, relating to the problem, but at the bottom it say Version 197.1, is not
Connected.
i do not know what caused this, what is your advise
Category: Computer
Expert:  TaylorTech replied 2 years ago.

TaylorTech :

Hiya, My name is Mike and I've been repairing and upgrading computers for over 10 years, I will help you to the best of my ability.

TaylorTech :

There is a very very high chance it is a malfunction by there site.

TaylorTech :

Which browser are you using?

Customer :

Interenet Explorer

TaylorTech :

Ok thanks

TaylorTech :

Please would you download google chrome so we can test the chat in another browser

TaylorTech :

Google Chome

TaylorTech :

Click this link to download it

Customer :

it is already down loaded

TaylorTech :

You have it already?

TaylorTech :

Open the google browser and see if the chat works there

Customer :

yes it is there already

TaylorTech :

ok, does the chat work there?

TaylorTech :

Everything ok?

Customer :

i did not check it yet, do you want me to check it

TaylorTech :

Yes

Customer :

you mean you could not find a error on this end

TaylorTech :

Have you opened chrome and tested POF chat?

Customer :

you mean the chat is working now, if so could you check it for me

TaylorTech :

No I mean I need you to test it in chrome to see if its the POF website or your browser

TaylorTech :

FYI POF has ZERO customer service, thats why you was sent to this site for Computer Tech Support

TaylorTech :

Does it work?

Customer :

What is FYI Pof has Zero cust.service, i am not with you on that

TaylorTech :

They do not have a customer service phone number or any kind of tech support for there site

TaylorTech :

Are you able to chat in chrome?

Customer :

Not at all, sorry to say,

Customer :

i will try in chrome, & come back to you is that possible

TaylorTech :

Go ahead, ill wait here

TaylorTech :

If you are getting the same result in chrome, the chat feature must be down for now

TaylorTech :

Try again tomorrow or later today and see if its back up

Customer :

sorry it is not working as yet

Customer :

so can you tell me how much will be the payment be for this job, as i asked a one time charge, is it valid for 7 days

TaylorTech :

The one time payment you made to us is for this question only im afraid.

TaylorTech :

Is there any way you can copy here what the error message is that you get so I can undeed confirm its the chat that is the problem, I am 99% sure it is the fault of the POF website itself at this point.

Customer :

No Taylor tec, i checked with the site, when i sign in on to the chat screen it says, connection failed, it has been happening ever sinse the day you looked at it

TaylorTech :

I will need you to try logging in to a different computer to test it again

TaylorTech :

With zero error messages and if it only says connection failed then it WILL be the pof site which is not connecting.

Customer :

Taylor tech, i checked with my friends, they made me understand,that they are able to connect on to the chat feature

Customer :

& i am getting a error message, saying connection failed, please be kind enough to look in to this & advise me, tk you

TaylorTech :

Thanks for doing that!

TaylorTech :

Now, the connection failed message is appearing inside the chat window itself or is it in form of a pop up window?

TaylorTech :

If its a pop up window, can you tell if it is generated by windows or by pof?

TaylorTech :

Thanks Mike