Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

Why is Google sending me an email in Polish when my account

Why is Google sending me an email in Polish when my account is in English? Have I been hacked? I've been everywhere I can think of to try and solve this problem, but I've found nothing that addresses this issue.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

What is the email's contents? Is it requesting personal details?

FS
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't read or speak Polish so I have no idea. I did reset my password XXXXX to comment on YouTube.

Then most likely, it's not an email actually from Google. If your interface is in English (meaning Gmail is in English, Google appears in English, etc) then Google knows your language preference is in English.

Most likely, the email is considered “phishing” (pronounced the same way as ‘fishing’) for information to exploit your account.

Please do NOT reply to any e-mails that ask for any personal information. You were right to question this, and it's a good thing that you instead decided to check with someone else before responding. No reputable company will ask you for such details, and they will never ask for SSN/Mother's Maiden Name/Passwords/Security questions/answers through e-mail. If you ever get another request like that, please go ahead and delete it. As long as you don’t reply, your information is safe and secure.

Thanks!

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not have gmail. I had to reset my password XXXXX and got an English email confirmaation. Hours later I got it in Polish. My email address appears on it and it's a no-reply email address. Shall I copy it and post it to you?
If you don't have Gmail and you got an email supposedly from Gmail then you should definitely ignore it.

The from email address is faked.

Thanks!

FS

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Here is the letter and it was not from gmail.

Hasło do konta [email protected] zostało niedawno zmienione.
Jeśli jesteś osobą, która zmieniła hasło, nie musisz nic robić.

Jeśli nie jesteś osobą, która zmieniła hasło, Twoje konto mogło zostać
przejęte. Aby wrócić do konta, musisz zresetować hasło, klikając ten link:
https://accounts.google.com/RecoverAccount?fpOnly=1&source=ancpe&Email=[email protected]

Ważne wskazówki dotyczące bezpieczeństwa konta:
- Nigdy nie podawaj swojego hasła i danych osobowych w e-mailu ani w
sieciach społecznościowych. Google nigdy nie skontaktuje się z Tobą, aby
poprosić o podanie hasła.
- Nigdy nie używaj tego samego hasła do Google i innych witryn.
- Dodaj do konta swój telefon komórkowy, aby łatwo przechodzić przez
zabezpieczenia Google i utrudnić dostęp osobom atakującym konto.

Uwaga: pod tym adresem e-mail nie przyjmujemy odpowiedzi. Aby rozwiązać
problem lub dowiedzieć się więcej o swoim koncie, odwiedź nasze centrum
pomocy:
https://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?answer=1628875.

Pozdrawiamy,
Zespół kont Google
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

poprosić o podanie hasła.

pomocy:

Pozdrawiamy,
Zespół kont Google
Hi

Since I can't see the original links:

1) Someone accidentally put your email address as a recovery address for their email account and you can ignore it.

2) It's a phishing scam to get you to enter your information and you can ignore it.

The links as presented in the copy/paste you sent are legitimate, though.

Thanks!

FS

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not want an account with Just Answer, but it forced me to "join" for seven days. How do I stop this. I do not want any further charges to appear on my credit card.
Click Accept to comepnsate me for my time

I'll make sure you aren't billed further. Thanks!

FS
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sure you help a lot of people but you've not helped me. I feel that I've just thrown away $58.
Hi

I've given you the correct answer. What additional information do you need? I validated that the email you got was either a legitimate reset attempt (90% likely) or a phishing scam.

Please respectfully XXXXX XXXXX to compensate me for my time. My family thanks you. God bless you and your family.

FS

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll pay it, but I have to tell you that I could have just ignored it on my own.
Thank you for choosing to respectfully XXXXX XXXXX for my time. You may click ACCEPT at this time.

FS