Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.
62669195

how do i uninstall mystart search engine by incredimail and

how do i uninstall mystart search engine by incredimail and re install google chrome. i have tried to do this from my uninstall/change and that does not work
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 years ago.

BestComputerExpert :

Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

BestComputerExpert :

It sounds to me like the MyStart Search is not actually a program but rather a default home page.

BestComputerExpert :

Here is what you want to do

BestComputerExpert :

In the top right hand corner of Google Chrome click the Wrench and choose Settings

BestComputerExpert :

On the right hand side under basics you will see "open this page" followed y a url. What you want to do is erase the address in there and type http://www.google.com

BestComputerExpert :

Let me know when you have made this change

BestComputerExpert :

Also I forgot to mention if there is another site you would prefer besides google.com you can replace it with whatever website you want to open instead of the MyStart Search

BestComputerExpert :

That's the one thing I have notice with a lot of programs lately, they hide a bunch of programs when you are installing something, if you are not careful to uncheck these boxes it leads to stuff like this getting installed.

BestComputerExpert :

Let me know if you were able to update the homepage under settings, I am standing by :)

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try it right now

BestComputerExpert :

No problem, Also if you could click the above our chat to the right, this will add our chat to your bookmarks, anytime you have any computer issues you can return day or night and write to me

BestComputerExpert :

I'll be able to assist you with anything computer related :)

Customer:

It;s not letting me get into google chrome at all, as a matter of fact generally when you want to change home pages you can go into tools, and then internet options, i am not able to do that

BestComputerExpert :

Which browser are you using to chat with me?

Customer:

still the one from incredimail

BestComputerExpert :

Do you know how to add a page to your favorites in the browser you are talking to me on?

Customer:

no, but it looks like I just found the wrench you were speaking about let me try that now

BestComputerExpert :

No problem lets see what happens

Customer:

I think I may have it I'm going to try it now

BestComputerExpert :

No problem Open a new google chrome window

BestComputerExpert :

You can do this by

BestComputerExpert :

Holding CTRL and press N

BestComputerExpert :

This will allow you to keep our chat window open at the same time for testing

Customer:

It looks like i got it thanks so much

BestComputerExpert :

Great :) Glad that worked! If you could press the accept button and leave positive feedback, you should receive an email with a link to return to our website anytime you need help. My name is XXXXX XXXXX you ever need anything in the future.

Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience: Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.