Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

Folder missing from my inbox windows live mail

Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Try looking in the deleted folder. If it is not in there, click the Folders tab at the top of the screen, then the Go to button, and see if you can find your files there. Then select the folder that they are in and press ok to restore them to their regular place.

Does it show your folder in there?

If it is not there, lets look in the WLM message store on your computer:

Click the Windows Start Button in the lower left, then click Computer

Make sure you have Hidden Files and Folders showing, in the upper left part of the window click the organize button, then Folder and search options > Click the view tab > Under advanced settings make sure Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives is selected > Press OK

Then navigate to the Windows Live Mail folder (Starting with clicking your C: drive):

C:\Users\[username]l\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

Are any of your local folders showing there in the Windows Live Mail folder?

If so, here's how to import it:

Click the blue button (Upper left) > Import Messages > choose Windows Live Mail and browse for the location of the recovered Windows Live Mail folder. Select All Folders and press Next. The import procedure will start and the items will be restored into the Imported Folder in the left menu (You may need to double click Storage folders to see the imported folders).
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Got to the Windows Live Mail folder, and found outbox and storage folders, but could not find inbox or folder called Ann(which is the one I lost)
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Are you on this step:

Navigate to the Windows Live Mail folder (Starting with clicking your C: drive):

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I have made it to Windows Live Mail. Outback and storage folders are there, but no inbox or Folders under Inbox.

Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
How long ago did this issue first start?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just today.
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Ok go ahead and back out of the Windows Live Mail folder

Then, right click on the Windows Live Mail folder, and choose ‘restore previous versions’.

Choose the most recent date before this issue happened, and click restore.

Note: After restoring to a previous date, you can always restore back to a future date.

Now go ahead and open the Windows Live Mail program and see if your folders are there now.