technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years experience. B.S. Computer Science

How can I delete everything Blekko? I have tried Windows

Customer Question

How can I delete everything Blekko? I have tried Windows' uninstall but it does not work.
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Do you mean the Blekko TOOLBAR that shows up on Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I mean the Blekko toolbar that shows up when I try to go to Bing to get to the internet, and any other toolbars I may have stupidly installed without knowing I was doing it.
While in Internet Explorer (Bing)

Click on the the "Gear" in the upper right hand corner of your IE browser and "tools" will be highlighted, click on it.

Click on "Internet Options"

Click on the "Programs" tab

Click on "Manage Add Ons"

Find blekko in the list of "Search Providers" on the right side and click on it

Click on "Remove"

X out of this screen

Now click on the "General" tab

Highlight and remove blekko in the Home Page area and type in the URL of the home page you want.

Click "Use Current" button,

Click "Apply"

Click "OK"

Go to tools and select Manage Add-ons.

Select the type of add-on, in our example from above, it would be a toolbar.

Scroll down until/if you find Blekko. Disable it.

Please click on the Accept button if this answer has helped you in any way. Clicking accept is the only way we techs get credit for our time spent with you. There is no additional charge for clicking accept. Tips are appreciated!

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry. Quit Using Internet Explorer and Yahoo. Can you alter your answer to Firefox and Windows.Live? XXXXX XXXXX
Click on Tools, and then Addons , in Firefox. then remove any blekko stuff.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm so sorry. I'm in over my head and I'm not likely to learn much more at the age of 65. I can workaround to get to my e-mail page, but there is no "Tools" bar, nor is a Tools bar listed on anything I punch. Can you help me get there? [I know I'm taking up more of your time than I agreed to pay for. When I tell you I've been successful, I am perfectly willing to pay at the $48 level if you think that is fair.] XXXXX XXXXX
You can go ahead and click accept for no additional charge, and then follow up with me. I can then tell you about the tools menu, etc.

technicalcat, Consultant
Experience: 20 years experience. B.S. Computer Science
In firefox, RIGHT click up where the menu bar should be (near the top). You should get a small menu of check boxes. One of them will say "Menu Bar". Left click to CHECK it. You may have to right click a few spots to find this menu, but it's there. What you are trying to get is the File, Edit, View, etc. standard menu bar to show. That's where Tools in. When you see it, then click on tools, and then addons. and get rid of everything Blekko.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried sending you a test msg to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, but the message wouldn't go.
So, back to how I can get back to my Tools menu.....
I'm going offline now until late this morning. Please follow the last response carefully to get your menu bar back which will have the TOOLS menu. Thanks!