Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

Outlook sets incorrect time stamp on outgoing email message.

Outlook sets incorrect time stamp on outgoing email message. Computer clock is correct. Time zone in Outlook/Options/Calendar/Time Zone is correct. Time stamp on the message shows one hour later than the actual time it was sent. Time stamp on that same message (if I send it to myself using Outlook) when received on the server [] is one hour earlier than the actual time it was sent. All Windows/Office/Outlook updates are installed.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

The time stamp is being done by the server, not your computer

They have it set incorrectly and need to correct this, there is nothing that can be done on your computer

Contact them on(NNN) NNN-NNNNto inform them of this problem.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The phone number is XXXXX and I did talk to a tech rep at cablevision and we ran several tests. As expected, the time stamps were all correct in both directions. His server time (EDT) had no bearing on the time stamp on the Sent message, or on the message I received from him. All times --- Outlook Sent, Outlook Inbox, Optimum online Inbox, and Optimum online Sent --- in all cases, the correct local time when sent and received was on the header. However, I know this is an ongoing issue with MS Outlook because there are tons of questions about this problem on every forum out there having to do with MS products. The most frustrating thing is that is is an on-again, off-again behavior, with no changes on my computer or my wife's computer. Dan
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
can you make a new outlook profile

Start, control panel, type in mail and click it, add

Make a test hotmail account

connect the new profile to outlook, and test please, tell me the results