John, Computer Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

I have a Toshiba laptop - satellite L7500 but seem to have

I have a Toshiba laptop - satellite L7500 but seem to have lost drivers for Ethernet and Network which means I am unable to access the Internet. Where can I find these drivers and can I then download them on to another machine?

Would appreciate you help.

Ray Taylor XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just answer.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today

Sir can you please specify the full model of the laptop which you can find on the bottom of the laptop.
Example for a full model number is XXXXX Satellite L750-X5318
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
750D-14 R Part No PSK4YE -10H00HEN Serial No 2C422197W
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Sir you can download any driver in another PC using this link http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/jsp/supportMyProduct.do?service=UK
In that webpage you have to select the family as satellite in the next drop down box select L750D then in the last drop down box select 14R then click on GO and then you will get another page with a list of drivers select windows 7-64 bit as the OS then click on search now you will get the list of drivers for windows 7 from that you can download the drivers for LAN,Wireless Lan driver.You can download drivers in another pc and transfer using a Flash drive or an external hard drive then you can install it in the Toshiba laptop

I hope that will clear the problem

Let me know if you need further assistance

If my solution worked please don’t forget to click ACCEPT button in this page & leave a POSITIVE Feedback. That’s the only way i get paid for the services i have provided to you. Some Bonus will be well appreciated Thank You

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the link to the site for the drivers I am looking for. I will try it tomorrow and let you know if it does the trick. Another, perhaps related problem, is that this lap top has a built in web cam. I can find no reference to it though anywhere - nothing on the keyboard, no reference to it in device manager. How do I operate it?

Ray Taylor

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
It has a integrated web-cam.you can get the drivers for that also from the same link i gave.
There is no special key to enable it.web cam usually works when you opens a application like skype or other applications that has a video chat feature.you can try this link to see if the webcam is working or not http://www.testmycam.com/
Also there should be a Toshiba web cam application.please check it in start>>>all programs>>>Toshiba utilities

Let me know the status
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi John

Have been trying to find the missing drivers. I eventually got to the link and found the list of drivers. Your directions where not very precise and the web pages frequently freeze.

When looking for the wireless LAN adapter driver, I found there are many different drivers for each ofseveral manufacturers ie intell, realtek etc, Which one is installed on my machineand which do I want?

Found both the LAN and webcam drivers but was unable to download them. I kept getting 'error on page' message or the page freezes.

I am unable to find the Toshiba web cam application. Toshiba Utilities does not appear under 'all programs'. I am of course unable to check www.test mycamera.com until I get an Internetconnection.

I will continue to try and download drivers, but if I can't, would it be possible for you to download them and send them to me as a file attachment?

I await your reply.

Thanks

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
The page opened normally over here i checked it so it might be a issue in your computer
Try to open it in different web browser like Google chrome
If you do not have Google chrome you can get it from this link https://www.google.com/chrome
Sorry to tell you that we are not allowed to send email or attachments this is due to privacy.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK I understand. I will keep trying and get back to you eventually.

Just realsed, you didn't answer my question about which type of wireless LAN adapter Idriver I need.

Awaiting your response.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
If you want i can remote access to this pc which has network connection and then download the drivers for you.if you want me to do that please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just realsed, you didn't answer my question about which type of wireless LAN adapter driver I need.

Awaiting your response.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
There is only one wireless Lan Driver availabe in it which is in the 3rd/last page in the drivers list.
You can also search using Driver Type as Wireless Lan driver also make sure you select windows 7 - 64 bit as operating system
John, Computer Specialist
Experience: MCP, RHCE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still struggling to find the following drivers: LAN and wireless LAN (presumably these are two different drivers) plus the web cam driver.

I am beginning to wonder if we are looking at the same driver list. The page I am looking at shows many different wireless LAN adapters from varying manufacturers. I need to know which one to download.

It would be a lot easier for me if you were able to remotely access this computer (rayk22@supanet..com) and download these files to me. I didn't know you could do this. Do you need any further infomation from me first?

If you do download them, save them in 'My Downloads' as I will need to transfer them to my laptop with a memory stick.

Let me know if you can go ahead.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
I apologize for the delay
Sir shall i give you the remote access link.Let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please . Let me have remote access link.

I have had another look at my laptop. As I said in my original letter, it is the Ethernet Controller and Network Controller that are 'yellowed out'. Whether these are the same as the LAN and Wireless LAN drivers I don't know. Anyway, thats what I need.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.

Please click on this link http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=69c16fa0-7cd2-4d07-b91e-eadc8af62713&SUPPORT=NET then you will get a disclaimer please click on i agree. Then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again
Let me know once it’s connected

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Sir did you click on the remote access link i gave above because i haven't got the access to your PC yet.is there any problem connecting.if you haven't clicked on the link i gave please do so and follow the instruction so that i can access your PC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi John

SUCCESS! I loaded the drivers this morning and all went well. You have solved the problem. I now have Internet access and the web cam is working. Well done.

I followed very closely what you did on Saturday. It seems that I wasn't far away, but I noticed that you too had problems selecting the right driver from those available from the different suppliers. You will appreciate the problem I had.

I was a bit worried when I saw you had downloaded Zip files. I was wondering how I was going to deal with them as I had not yet loaded WinZip onto the laptop. Thanks for converting them for me (I must learn how to do that). The fact that you then loaded eveything onto a memoy stick for me was a real bonus. Thank you so much.

I am now in business once again and so perhaps I can get some work done on the laptop. Just one further question though. I would like to access some files from other computers on my network, but they are all running Windows XP. Can I do this and if so how?

Many thanks for your help and patience. I will give a 4* reference!!

Regards

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Glad to know everthing is working fine.
For sharing the files in windows Xp please check this link which explains how to do it
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/share-files-and-printers-between-windows-7-and-xp/

I hope that will help

Let me know the status
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the link. I haven't read it yet but I had a quick piepp and I.m sure it will give me the information I require.

Thans

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Rebuild going well. Before I started, took the precaution of preparing a system back up disc! Have recovered my web site but still unable to configure Outlook Express or get any E mail connection. Can you help me?

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
I apologoize for the delay

Sir do you mean you had restored the computer to factory settings and are you trying to reconfigure the outloook express?

i am not sure what you meant by recovered your website.if possible can you explain more about this website.i believe you had restored the windows Xp pc not the Toshiba laptop which has windows 7

Which email services are you using just let me know the part after @ in your email id for example @ gmail .com

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I haven't restored the computer, It is exactly as we set it up last week. I have just prepared a recovery disc in case I should ever need to restore to factory settings.

I have downloaded website software onto Windows 7 and imported website from memory stick. Everthing seems OK.

Looking for XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX on Outlook Express. I have all the access codes

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.

Due to privacy and security in this page the email address is blocked and marked asXXX@XXXXXX.XXX so let me know the part after @ in your email id. For example @ yahoo .com

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
@supanet .com
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Can you access your email using web-mail using this link http://webmail.supanet.com/webmail/src/login.php

Do you get any error message/code when you try to send or receive email?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. Can't even get started.as I can't find Windows Live Mail.
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Sir i am confused.you mentioned that it is outlook express now in the above reply it says windows live mail.
On which email clent are trying to configure the email?

Are you sending this message from the PC which you need to configure your email?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am trying to configue E mail on windows live mail (I thought that would lead me eventually to outlook express amd my supanet account)

I am sending this message from same machine that we were using last week - not the Toshiba laptop.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Windows live mail and outlook express are 2 different email clients

I will try my best to fix this issue

Can i remote access to your pc and check the problem

If you agree Please click on this link http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=464fe739-8ec6-44c3-9940-bc5b75325457&SUPPORT=NET then you will get a disclaimer please click on i agree. Then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again

Let me know once it’s connected

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Which PC do you want to acccess. The one I am using or tje Toshiba laptop. If its the laptop, I will need to enter your link on that and then communicate with you on that one
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Open that link from the pc which you need to configure your email in outlook or windows live mail
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK. I will get the laptop ready. But will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon now. will contact you then
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Sir before you leave in which computer is this supanet email has to be configured is it on the Toshiba laptop or another pc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
E mail on all other computer OK. Just want to get it working on the Laptop.
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
OK open this page in the laptop when you come back tomorrow
The link i gave before wont work tomorrow so let me know once you are sending the message from the laptop so that i can give you remote access link

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK . Will be in touch tomorrow
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you sir.

Have a Great God Blessed Day

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have got both my PC (which we have used up to now) and toshiba laptop on. Sending this from PC. Need link from you in order for us to communicate on laptop. Send it to me here and I will copy and paste it into laptop.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Sir here is the remote access link.
open it in the computer in which you need me to configure the email

Please click on this link http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=c8e955bf-919f-4172-9970-d7e216234791&SUPPORT=NET then you will get a disclaimer please click on i agree. Then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again
Let me know once it’s connected

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have had problems getting throigh to you this afternoon. Supanet say connection info is ok but I'm still unable to connect. I can send mail from laptop but not receive. Let me hav a link as yesterday and i will paste it into the laptop.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
First i need to access your Xp machine where you can access mail so that i can check the settings and all in that then we will connect to laptop
So open this link in the Xp machine

Please click on this link http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=f513447a-40e9-4526-9d6f-ec2080e18f42&SUPPORT=NET then you will get a disclaimer please click on i agree. Then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again
Let me know once it’s connected

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do. but this is my master machine and is configured for rayk22 @supanet.com. I want to set up one of my secondary E mail addresses (rwtk22) on the laptop. I know this works OK (with another password) as I have been usingit on another machine that recently crashed.
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
OK but i need to check the settings in email client that is why i need to access master machine
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried to connect for over an hour but apparently no free slots. Will try your link one more time at about 6.30 pm. If no luck, will contact you again tomorrow afternoon

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
In which time zone are you in?
What is the exact time over there now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

GMT It is 1700 hrs in GB

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
OK try to reconnnect in 18:30 and if that fails let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do. Talk later
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ready to resume whenever you are. Let me have link and I will paste it into the laptop and then we can communicate from that.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Sir due to medical emergency I will be 1hr late .I apologize for the delay
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. Will wait until I hear further fro you. I hope all goes well for you

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Sir i am back i really apologize for the delay

Please click on this link http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=18c65f83-a494-4416-b9f1-fc6e449c003c&SUPPORT=NET then you will get a disclaimer please click on i agree. Then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again
Let me know once it’s connected

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK Will paste link into Laptop . Will be about 15 min delay
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
No problem i will be here for you
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.

Everything seems to be working fine so please don’t forget to click ACCEPT button in this chat page & leave a POSITIVE Feedback. That’s the only way i get paid for the services that I have provided to you. Some Bonus will be well appreciated

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi John

Many thanks for your E mail and for checking on my computer after all your efforts. All is well, apart from one problem (next paragraph) and I have rated you and left positive feed back. You were a great help. Thankyou.

My only problem now is that I am unable to send E mails via Microsoft Outlook. Strangely, I can receive them but not send. I think it is a registry problem as I am getting a screen message saying 'windows address book is unable to find the WAB DLL '. I have been attempting to fix it but no luck so far. If you can send me a link to my laptop (XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX) I will send you a sceen shot of the error message and perhaps you can help me again.

It was very kind of you to follow up the situation and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Best regards

Ray Taylor

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hello sir,
Which version of outlook are you using.Is it outlook 2000,2003,2007 or 2010,also let me know the full error message it shows if it has a error code please let me know that too.Which email services are you using just let me know the part after @ in your email id for example @ yahoo .com.

Note:-Due to privacy and security in the chat the email address is blocked and marked as xxxxxx@xxxx.xxx so just let me know the part after @ in your email id. For example @ yahoo .com

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am using Microsoft 2000 on my laptop. The error message reads as follows:

error occured (Ox9CD4011D) when attempting to open the Windows address book. Unable to find the WAB DLL

If you can send me a link to the laptop, I will send you a screen shot of the error message.

My Internet provider is supanet.com

Let me know if you require any further information.

Will now not be available for some 2-3 hours

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Sir thanks for the info but microsoft office 2000 is not even compatible with windows 7 so once again please check the version by going to start>>>control panel>>>programs and features in that programs and features list please check the microsoft office or outlook version also i will not be avaiable today from now on,but let me know a feasible time for you tommorrow so that we can continue this.please specify the exact time zone also

Thanking you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think you may have solved the problem already. I am trying to use Microsoft Office 2000 SR - 1 Premium. It is a Microsoft programme disc that I had and used successfully with Windows XP. I was not aware that this was incompatible with Windows 7. If I purchase an up to date version of microsoft office should every thing then be OK?

I will be on line on this machine from 10 0 am until 1.0 pm GMT tomorrow 6 April if this is convenient for you. If not, please leave me a message and we will talk again on Monday 7th

Best regards

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
i will confirm and let you know.
We will continue this on tommorrow
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. Look forward to talking with you tomorrow

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Let me know once you are back online

Thanking you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning from England John! I'm on line and you have my attention.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon from India.I will give you the remote access link open that in the PC which has the outlook issue and then i check it.Is that ok with you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Give me the link on this machine and I will then copy and paste it into laptop'

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Here is the remote access link http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=838ccfb6-8c65-48fb-8330-a8cf00c23252&SUPPORT=NET

Please open it in the laptop and follow the instructions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Link received. Will do.
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Sir i havent got the access yet,is there any problem connecting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Apologies for long delay. Having problems transfering link. Can you see if you can send it direct to rwtk22@******. (same internet provider)

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
sir we are not allowed to email or call customers its a policy of our site i apologize for that.you can open this same page in the laptop using the email from justanswer once this page is open you can click on the remote access link i gave above.
open your email account which has justanswer emails from that open the remote access link
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Got it at last. we wil comunicate with you now via laptop
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello John

On line and ready to have another go whenever you are. Let me have link.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hello sir,
Before the remote access i want you to do the following in laptop

1. Please click on this link http://www.filehippo.com download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/download/6a5b2c1adb0e88e84ab39920bab1ebbd/ (Do not click on any other links in the web page the download will start shortly once you can clicked on the link i gave you. It’s a free antivirus program just for scanning the full computer. it won’t work as real-time protection anti-virus) Download and install also update it now run a full system scan. If it finds any threats click on view results and select all and remove the threats.

2.Click on start then type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press enter that will open internet properties window now click on delete under browsing history>>>select everything then click delete. Now click on security tab>>>then click on reset all zones to default level (if that option is enabled) >>>now click on advanced tab >>>click on restore advanced settings then click on apply. Now click reset then another window opens in that select the option delete personal settings…. Then click on reset

3.Open my computer>>Right click on C drive>>>properties>>>disk clean-up>>>select all the options and click OK

The above steps for increasing the system and internet speed because last time when i tried to
remote access to your pc it was so slow that i couldn't move the mouse cursor.so please please do the above then restart the pc also see if the wi-fi signal is strong and let me know then we can try the the remote access again

Thanking you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Received your detailed instructions and will do my best to follow them. Will then get back to you but don't know how long that will take!

Thank you for your guidance

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome sir.let me know once its done
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Completed task as instructed. Sorry for delay - the scan took forever! WI-fi reading 60 Mbpc..Shal we try remote access again now?
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Its ok.open this link in the laptop for remote access http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=c0cc883b-c598-4f3b-ade6-944c35ca7249&SUPPORT=NET
then follow the instructions
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Click on start then type Wab32.dll in the search box that will show the Wab32.dll in the search list right click on it and then click on open file loaction that will show the Wab32.dll in a folder.Right click on that Wab32.dll and click on rename then type Wab32.old (instead of .dll type .old) then close that folder then.click start>>>control panel>>>programs and features then uninstall Microsoft office 2000 SR premium then restart the pc and then re-install Microsoft office 2000 SR premium from the disc
Then restart again and check it and let me know the status
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Having problems following your last instruction. OK to here:

Click on start then type Wab32.dll in the search box that will show the Wab32.dll in the search list

Right clicking after this does not take me to an open file location

Can you clarify please.

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hello sir,
Did you right click on the Wab32.dll on the search list .if not try again and let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
search box says no items match this search
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Insert the microsoft office disc and then download and save this office 2000 removal tool
http://tinyurl.com/4xdwa . once you have downloaded the removal tool use it to uninstall microsoft office 2000 then restart the pc and re-install using the disc
Then check the status and let me know the status

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

john

have downloaded

http://tinyurl.com/4xdwa . but to run errase file I have to read and understand a Read Me File about how to use it. This has completely lost me and so I am not proceeding. Sorry, but it is all getting far to technical for me. I think we now have to call it a day

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
I apologize for the delay
Please try the following steps when you are free

1.Uninstall Microsoft Office 2000 (click start>>>control panel>>>programs and features then uninstall Microsoft office 2000 SR premium)

2.Open my computer>>Right click on C drive>>>properties>>>disk clean-up>>>select all the options and click OK

3.Please click start>>>all programs>>>Accessories>>>Right click on command prompt and click on run as administrator that will open command prompt window (Black window) in that type sfc /scannow (there is a space between sfc and /scannow there is no space between / and scannow) Then press Enter. That will check the operating system file integrity

4.Now restart the PC and re-install Microsoft office 2000

Then check it and let me know the status
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. I will have one last try - just for your sake! I know you don't like being defeated

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you sir and let me know the status
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Followed your instructions and all went well. System scan verified 100% and no integrity violations

BUT

sadly, still getting error message (Ox9CD4011D)

Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Did you re-install Microsoft office 2000 ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I did
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
In that case i believe its the incompatibilty.i apologize for wasting your time.

If you wish to get me paid for the time and services I provide. Please don’t forget to click ACCEPT button in the chat page. That’s the only way I get paid for the time and services that I have provided to you