Lindie-mod
Lindie-mod,
6610965

I am using Aloha POS version 5.3.44. I am new to this software

Customer Question

I am using Aloha POS version 5.3.44. I am new to this software and trying to learn it for a new restaurant.
Everything has been fine for a week, but today the POS monitor is waiting to "grind" a file.
Rebooting does not work.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Brad
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using this service,

That's part of the "end of day" operations in Aloha. It happens after EOD. First thing I would try is to disable/uninstall any security or antivirus software you have on that server. Try again.

Another thing to note. It's OFTEN problematic when a new owner buys a restaurant along with the POS equipment and software already installed. ALL pos software is fairly complex stuff, and without a service contract from the people that originally set it up, it can be difficult to get to the bottom of the problems as you don't know the state of all the various machines and software that are hooked up. With Aloha , it is *possible* that you can maintain it yourself and/or with the help of another local pro and/or services like this. However, you will need patience and probably need to ask a number of questions. I've taken on several such on site jobs for POS software over the years, and this is always the general case.

Please click on Accept button if this answer has helped you , There is no additional charge for clicking accept. You can follow up with me on this question even after clicking accept. This is how we techs get credit for our time with you. Thank You.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

This has been an undertaking, but the only thing that I have been changing are menu item names and pricing.

It has been working fine up for about a week.

Turned off the anti-virus software and rebooting and it is still attempting to "grind" a file.

Can you do a manual grind?
"C:\ALOHA\BIN GRIND.EXE /DATE (put the date here)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Found the folder...

D:\Aloha\BIN.exe

subfolder "date"

Run grind.exe

Still waiting for it to "grind".

OK, we may have to take a few more steps after this.

Please click on Accept button if this answer has helped you

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
, There is no additional charge for clicking accept. You can follow up with me on this question even after clicking accept. This is how we techs get credit for our time with you. Thank You.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just let me know what you would like for me to try.
OK, let me know if the Grind completes OK.

Register Here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure how long this will take, but it is still grinding.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am assuming we are at a standstill....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I am running Aloha POS version 5.3.44. I have been trying to update and old menu to a new menu. (I recently bought the business)
Been successful in my process, but this morning the system would not boot up, because it was waiting for a file to grind.
I have tried, rebooting, turning off the antivirus and a manual grind and have not been successful.
Any thoughts?
Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.
Greetings,

Welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I remote into your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still need help...

You cannot remote connect into that computer bc it does not have internet access.

I have been researching online on my laptop, but the POS server does not have internet.

I renamed the date file - just added a "1" on the end and are able to use it again.

Don't know if this was a bad idea.

Expert:  Jason replied 2 years ago.

In that case, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

I wish you luck,
- Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
The POS server is not connected to the internet.
Any thoughts?
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!