technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years experience. B.S. Computer Science

This morning someone hacked into my gmail account, and sent

This morning someone hacked into my gmail account, and sent out a message to all my contacts saying that I was in Spain and had been mugged - please send cash. I have tried to get into gmail to change the password XXXXX it is so long ago that I set the system up that I cannot remember the access numbers, or where I might have saved them. But I just seem to go round in circles in trying to follow the instructions. I do really need to get back to my account rather than just set up a new one
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using this service,

Gmail is a free mail service. As such, support is limited. Have you gone to and clicked on the "can't access my account" link? From there, it will ask you questions in order to get your password XXXXX Understand that ANY email password XXXXX will require that you have the right answers to the personal questions you setup (for security reasons).

Also, I would recommend you check further into these emails. Based on your message, I'm assuming you do NOT currently have access to you account , because changing the password XXXXX that case would be simply and easy. In any case, it's possible someone could be spoofing your email address and not exactly sending from your gmail account. You can see this by looking at the email headers on one of the dubious emails.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Since the hacker changed the email, I cannot get into it. The second address was setup in an attempt to get me into gmail from where I could get help, but it did not help. I have tried following round the instructions to set up a ne new password XXXXX I get caught in a loop everytime. I really need to speak to someone at Google
We are not Google. We are Just Answer, and there is no voice support for free gmail accounts. However, you can fully contact Google for this issue here:

Select Account, then account access issues, then "my account has been compromised". From there, you'll be able to fill out an account recovery form. It may take some time for google to get this resolved, but this is how you start the process.