Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

How can I change my Yahoo Mail back to basic? Have asked "Yahoo"

How can I change my Yahoo Mail back to basic? Have asked "Yahoo" and what they say to do does not work. Help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.

ITTechQ&A :

Hi, Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

Customer:

How do I change my present e-mail (Yahoo) back to my previous one. I did not change it myself, Yahoo just put it on and I have not been able to change it. Yahoo 'help' gives no help at all. What they say to do does not work. Thinking of dropping yahoo all together, but hate to as it is all I'm familiar with. They also tried to change me to ATT e-mail w/no advanced notice, finally got that resolved. Please help with my e-mail.....

ITTechQ&A :

Hi, Yahoo has been forcing everyone to use there new there Yahoo format.

Unfortunately, you cannot revert back to Yahoo Classic "but" I can give you the Yahoo Mail Classic website. You can save as a favorite and use it when accessing your Yahoo Mail.

Customer:

How do I do that-and why can Yahoo just change it whenever they want. I have family members that have not had theirs changed.

ITTechQ&A :

As time goes everyone will need to use the new Yahoo Format. it hasn't affected every user but most, Yahoo has tons of servers for email accounts. The convert accounts every week.

ITTechQ&A :

Here is the site for Yahoo Classic save as a favorite and when you want to access your email use the favorite.

Click here>>>http://us.mc330.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?ymv=0

Customer:

OK What should I do? I have been working w/it, but can't seem to get some options that I had in the past, i.e. stationery!! Maybe you could help me w/that and how to do other options. (Since I'm paying you!)

ITTechQ&A :

If your more comfortable with Yahoo Classic you can still use it from the link I have provided.

Customer:

But for how long???

ITTechQ&A :

Once you have the page open save it to your favorites.

Customer:

BTW you are being very helpful and know that my frustration is not your fault. I just need help.

ITTechQ&A :

I understand I am here to help. I have provided the link tell me if you can reach the Mail Classic page.

Customer:

Can I try it now-save to my favorites and not loose you in the process?

ITTechQ&A :

Yes, when you click on the link it will open in a second window. This chat will still remain open.

Customer:

I have problems w/computers-do you have my e-mail if doesn't work? You can get back to me?

ITTechQ&A :

You can save this page as well so you can easily get back. Also yes your email is in the system, I can send you a message through justanswer to your email.

ITTechQ&A :

How did you make out?

Customer:

Are you there-Think I lost you!

ITTechQ&A :

I am here.

Customer:

I saved to my favorites-haven't tried it yet? Can you wait a while and I'll see if it works? If I stay w/the e-mail I have-how do I get 'stationery on e-mail and other options?

ITTechQ&A :

Are you referring to the menu editing menu when composing new email?

ITTechQ&A :

To save the link to your favorites go to the site and log in if prompted once your logged in save the page to your favorites.

Customer:

What I mean is-on my previous e-mail there was an icon at top of the-email page where I could choose the design I wanted-there is not that on the current e-mail.

ITTechQ&A :

OK, gotcha.

At the top of the new Yahoo click on "Options" then Themes.

ITTechQ&A :

Any luck?

Customer:

Let me try the 'favorite' you told me to save. If I loose you e-mail me back. As to the 'Options' then themes it is not the same as stationery. Ok going to try the'favorites now. Hope I don't loose you.

ITTechQ&A :

Sure

Customer:

Tried to get from 'my favorites' no luck.. Am I stuck w/what I have? Don't think that is right.

Customer:

The web-site you told me to put in my favorites is there but won't open

ITTechQ&A :

When you click on the link does it take you to the classic page?

Customer:

No just blank-won't open

ITTechQ&A :

Let me try and give you the link again hold a sec.

ITTechQ&A :

OK, try this link when you click on it, the page should open in a second window.

Click here>>>Yahoo Classic

Customer:

Here I go!

Customer:

That seems to be working..... Can you answere the question about stationery etc on the current e-mail if I choose to use it. I really like the classic better.

ITTechQ&A :

Great,

Can you explain little more when you mean by stationery.

Themes is not what you were looking?

Customer:

No-Want stationery..

ITTechQ&A :

OK, I see what your saying now. Click on Compose new email.

Right above the body of the new email you will see the formatting line with stationery button at the end.

Customer:

Hold on-I'll try...

ITTechQ&A :

sure

Customer:

I don't see it

ITTechQ&A :

When you click on compose new email right above the body portion of the email do you see where you can select font style, font size etc..?

Customer:

Hold on

ITTechQ&A :

If you don't there are three buttons.

Attachments, Emtions, and Format.

Click on Format.

Customer:

I see attachments, emotions, format

ITTechQ&A :

Click on "Format"

ITTechQ&A :

Then you should see stationery at the end.

Customer:

OMG I clicked on format-staionary there. I told you I was not good w/computers. Thank you -you've been so patient and helpful...

ITTechQ&A :

Great!

ITTechQ&A :

Your very welcome!

Clicking Accept and leaving positive feedback in the next window is greatly appreciated.

ITTechQ&A :

Have a good day!

Cris, Support Specialist
Experience: 6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.