James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.
24111805

how can I delete recent sign-in activity entries from my Yahoo

Customer Question

how can I delete recent sign-in activity entries from my Yahoo account?
Category: Computer
Expert:  prfpcdoctor replied 2 years ago.

prfpcdoctor :

hello did you want to delete the saved login names for yahoo or something else?

prfpcdoctor :

hello?

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello prfpcdoctor,

The chat session was never started. Customer Service reset the page for me and now I am on line.

What I want is to delete all recent sign-in activity information, i.e., date, time, loction, and IP address each time I signed-in to my Yahoo email.

The information can be found under Sign-In and Security in Yahoo Account Information page.

Please email or text alert me, (XXX) XXX-XXXX, when you can chat. Thank you.

Mary

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello prfpcdoctor,

Mary

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The chat page was not working and I have to wait for customer service to reset the page, Ticket ID: XPM-397181. The original expert didn't follow up and we never connected. I NEVER received an answer to my question yet.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hi, can you explain the issue please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I want to be able to delete Yahoo email account recent sign-in activity. This is in Account Information page, under Sign-In and Security section. Thank you.

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
There is no way to reset or remove this info. The only way around this is to sign in and out multiple times, so the info is overwritten. It only keeps a limited log.

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi James,

I'm disappointed on your answer. However, as you said, there's no way to get around it. I'll see if I can do as you suggested. Any idea as to how limited is the log? Thanks.

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Yes - it is very limited. It holds only 10 entries, so once you put in the 11th, the oldest gets over-written.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
O.K., one last though, if there's a better solution to the answer you gave me, would you keep me updated. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
O.K., one last thought, if there's a better solution to the answer you gave me, would you keep me updated. Thanks.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely!
I will keep looking into it, and if I find anything else, I will send you a message.

Please don't forget to hit the Accept button for me so I can get credit for my time helping you.

Thanks!

J.
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience: 20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.