prfpcdoctor
prfpcdoctor, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  I am a technical leader for a large manufacturing company. MCP, CCA. CCNA , CNA.
10011040

Hi I was on my pc a few minutes ago and as I couldnt get Internet

Customer Question

Hi
I was on my pc a few minutes ago and as I couldnt get Internet access, I turned off the computer and reset my modem. In switching my pc back on, it freezes on the energy saver screen. What can I dO?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer. I am Jins here to assist you. Reboot your computer. Press and release the F8 key continuously when system starts. You will get an Advanced Options Menu. Select Safemode with networking and press Enter.

Wait a little to complete the boot process. Then click here and download malwarebytes antimalware program. You only need to download its freeware version. Install and launch malwarebytes. Update its database and do a full system scan with it by following its onscreen instructions.

Restart the computer and again boot into Safemode with networking. Then click here and download ccleaner. It is a freeware registry cleaner. Install and launch ccleaner. Click on the registry icon on the left side of ccleaner. Click on Scan for issues button. After completing the scan click on Fix selected issues button.

Restart the computer and boot normally.

Regards
Jins

Please ACCEPT My Solution If It Helped ..

POSITIVE Feedback And A BONUS Are Always Appreciated ..

PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE LEAVING A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. Have rebooted but f8 won't do the trick
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Still waiting for a response
Expert:  prfpcdoctor replied 4 years ago.
Hi there can you reboot as you did previously then go into the f8 startup menu again choosing safe mode on its own then when you go into safe mode it will say do you want to restore or continue in safe mode choose restore and choose a restore date before the problem occurred it should then shut your machine down and it should come up with your machine has been successfully restored. Let me know how that goes or what point you get stuck at.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok here is what happens. I turn on the of and there is an energy saver screen. Options are tab:Post Screen, DEL :BIOS Setup/Q Flash, F9 :xpressrecovery2, F12:Boot Menu, End: QFlash

Only button that changes the screen out of these is tab.

Then I get similar options in the next screen. delete is the only button that works and it says prepare to enter setup....but nothing happens.
Ah ok can you unplug the power from the machine and press the power button a couple of times to discharge then plug back in and power up making sure you have no external devices attached that are not completely necessary eg keyboard mouse and monitor. If this doesn't work go into the bios using del key then select load optimised defaults then save and exit let me know if that works.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes this worked. Thank you. Any idea what could have caused this?
It's most probably the bios got stuck this just resets the bios. Does happen some times please click accept to thank me.
Experience: I am a technical leader for a large manufacturing company. MCP, CCA. CCNA , CNA.