Nick H.
Nick H., IT Specialist
Experience:  CompTIA A+, MS Office, Outlook, Windows XP, Vista, 7
63271161

KB2538242 and KB2538243 updates do not install in spite of

Customer Question

KB2538242 and KB2538243 updates do not install in spite of repeated downloads on win7, with all other updates ok
Category: Computer
Expert:  prfpcdoctor replied 5 years ago.

prfpcdoctor : Hi thannks for using just answer does it give you any error messages ?
Customer:

yes, precisecly this error message resumed.

prfpcdoctor : Sorry I cannot see the error message?
Customer:

I can copy the messages from the window that pops up after installing downloading 8 updates and 2 of them these numbers: KB2538242 and...43 have errors - all was tried several times and the error comes up at every windows update

prfpcdoctor : Ok so you have visual c++ or visual studio yes?
Customer:

Actualización de seguridad para Microsoft .NET Framework 4 en Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 para sistemas basados en x86 (KB2518870)
Tamaño de la descarga: 18,2 MB
Puede que tenga que reiniciar el equipo para que esta actualización surta efecto.
Tipo de actualización: Importante
Se ha detectado un problema de seguridad que podría permitir que un usuario malintencionado ponga en peligro un sistema basado en Windows que ejecute Microsoft .NET Framework y tome control total del mismo. Puede mejorar la protección del equipo gracias XXXXX XXXXX actualización de Microsoft. Después de instalar esta actualización, es posible que tenga que reiniciar el equipo.
Más información: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=212833
Ayuda y soporte técnico: http://support.microsoft.com

Customer:

second error message:

Customer:

Actualización de seguridad para el Paquete redistribuible de Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 (KB2538243)
Tamaño de la descarga: 4,3 MB
Tipo de actualización: Importante
Se ha identificado un problema de seguridad que provoca vulnerabilidad en las aplicaciones MFC al colocar archivos DLL que contienen código malintencionado debido a que MFC no especifica la ruta de acceso completa a los archivos DLL del sistema o de localización. Puede proteger su equipo mediante la instalación de esta actualización de Microsoft. Después de instalar esta actualización, puede que tenga que reiniciar el equipo
Más información: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=216803

prfpcdoctor : Is the windows installation in English?
Customer:

no, it is in Spanish, but it says where to get help and that is usually in English. It is the typical screen I cannot copy withouit making screenshots. You may have to hand the question over to a Spanisch speaking specialist. I downloades several PC fix programs that promised to fix windows updates and none works and no one gives valid answers in the support pages. Seems to be a common issue discussed in several forums. I turned to you as the experience may be concentrated at zour service for which I paid upfront 32 dollars and then a commitment of 8 usd a month just to get the chance to ask the question.

prfpcdoctor : I think I will opt out as I do not speak Spanish and this will be difficult to do the translation.
Customer:

I have to leave you here and wait for an email [email protected] And also tell me if I can compile a full story with a word document with screen shots etc. - can I send attachments ?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your issues.

Please use this MS Fixit. Click on the link. Download and Run it.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9665683

You might have to restart to take effect. Then please run Windows Update again. Thank you.

IMPORTANT: Please bookmark this page in case we got cut off, for revisits, and for reference. Windows: Ctrl + D to save to favorites.

Please click ACCEPT MY ANSWER and THE SMILEY FACE ONLY IF IT IS HELPFUL AND YOUR PROBLEM(S) SOLVED so I can get credit for this answer. I really appreciate if you can leave a Positive feedback.

If your issue is not resolved, feel free to ask me questions or let me know the situation.

Thanks and have a great day!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, the issue is not closed until I get a solution. you seem to understand the spanish messages.
A question I asked is if I can send a word file with all the pictured error messages.

Since day 1 of Windows, error messages pop up and cannot be copied and pasted which makes all support difficult.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there a reference number to pick up the dialogue later ?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 5 years ago.
You can always bookmark this page. Ctrl + D to bookmark. Or click on Favorites and add to Favorites.

Did you see my answer?

Here was my answer:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9665683

Nick H., IT Specialist
Experience: CompTIA A+, MS Office, Outlook, Windows XP, Vista, 7
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Still not resolved will come back

Rolf XXXXX from the road
Expert:  Nick H. replied 5 years ago.
Still same issue that those updates will not install?