IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 wont launch today...what

Customer Question

My Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 won't launch today...what does it mean when it's in memory? How do I get it out of memory so that I can use it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Do you get a message, when you try to start it, that it is already in memory or the like? please quote the full and exact text of the error message in question.

As for getting a process or program out of memory, that's easy enough. Press and hold down the Ctrl key and the Alt key, then press the Del key, then release all keys.
Choose 'Task Manager' , and the Task Manager window will come up.
Then go to the Processes tab and select, by clicking on, the program to terminate, and click on End Process.
Or (if it's a program window) go to the Applications tab, click to select one program, and click on End Task.

(Be it noted: this can have various consequences. If programs or processes are linked together in certain ways, a reboot may be necessary for the computer to work fully and properly again. So be cautious and don't End Processes wantonly or carelessly.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I click on the dragon icon the dragon box pops up for a second, then disappears. when I tried to reinstall dragon, it goes to the Wizard then says it is in memory and do I want to close it...when i click for it to close it...it says that it can't close it!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
When I click on the program to terminate...I have 7 that say natspeak.exe...which one do I click on? the top one? bottom one? all of them? Am I even terminating the correct dragon program and why is it taking so long to terminate the top natspeak.exe?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you solve your problem.

It would be the best if you restarted your computer and when it boots again, go straight to Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program, find Dragon NaturallySpeaking on the list and double-click its name in order to remove it. If there are several Dragon components on the list, remove them all. After you are done, restart a computer. Next time your computer boots, you can install Dragon NaturallySpeaking as you did the first time.

However, if you still get messages that Dragon is currently running, it means Dragon is starting automatically with Windows. In that case, you can download and install free program called Startup Manager (click HERE) in order to remove Dragon from startup (along with other programs you don't want to automatically run).

When you do so, restart a computer and go to Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program to remove Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

Good luck!
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Not to interrupt what the other Expert is suggesting... just to answer the question... if you ever get a situation where multiple instances of a program or process shows up in Task Manager's process list, you should End Process on ALL of them... one by one. Multiple instances like that are an example of a program that is in a bad way, not working and not terminating either.
Though restarting may clear that out, also... until you try to start the program again and again.
I'm just answering the thread of your query about stopping a program that won't terminate.
Let me know if you want my opinion on any other aspect of this problem. Thanks.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Russel H. is right - you will need to end all instances of Dragon program. However, if that doesn't help, follow the suggestions I described earlier.