Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor in Technology, 7+ years of experience
33602187

WHAT DOES NTLDR IS MISSING MEAN AND HOW CAN I FIX THE PROBLEMTHANK

Customer Question

WHAT DOES NTLDR IS MISSING MEAN AND HOW CAN I FIX THE PROBLEM
THANK YOU !
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.

sandy :

Hello Sir/Madam, Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician and will assist you today.

sandy :

NTLDR is Windows boot files.

sandy :

It is missing.

sandy :

or damaged

sandy :

You need to have Windows XP disk to repair your operating system.

sandy :

You need to repair your operating system using Windows XP disk:

First of all, please make CD/DVD as the first boot device on your computer.

Please turn off your computer.
As soon as you restart your computer, please start tapping (hitting up and down F2 key, if this does not work, please use F1 or Del or Delete key)
YOu will enter the Bios.
choose
Boot sequence by using up and down arrow key and make cd/dvd rom as the first boot devices.
Please save these changes and restart your computer.

Once you are done with the above steps, please repair your operarting system by following the steps under the following link.

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxppro/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Note: Please follow the steps very carefully.

sandy :

Message from Expert

Please let me know if you need further help.

Please scroll down and click the ACCEPT button as this is only I am compensated for my time, work and efforts. You can return to this question at any time after Accepting by simply clicking Reply To Expert. Hitting Accept will not charge anything extra. Thank you! Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.

Please press Ctrl+D to bookmark this page( or Add to favourites) so that you can easily return to it.

Have a good day!

Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.
Please reply back if you have any othe query:

Please scroll down and click the green Accept button so I can get compensated for my time

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry I need time to try everything you advise me to do, after that i will let you know if your answer took care of the problem.

Thank you !

Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.
Alright, you can reply back to me anytime.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did enter the BIOS but i could not get to the Boot sequence part, how do i get there.
Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.
Please leave this section.

Simply insert the Windows XP CD into the CD/dvd rom and then restart the computer.

As soon as you restart the computer, IMMEDIATELY, please start hitting(up and down) SPACEBAR key on the keyboard. It will start the start loading from the disk.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm not trying to leave you with a negative feed back all I'm trying to do is get the problem resolved I can't afford to pay more for getting an answer to questions that arise from one single problem.

Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.
Are you able not able to boot from Windows XP disk by hitting Spacebar key at the startup.

IF not,

As soon as you restart your computer, please start hitting F12 key at the startup and choose Boot from CD.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
let me try that Thank you
Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.
alright.