Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer
Experience:  17 years troubleshooting PC/Server/Printer and network
21913621

I have a Kidde carbon monoxide detector that is hard wired

Customer Question

I have a Kidde carbon monoxide detector that is hard wired with no battery. It keeps beeping and annoucing low battery. What do I do to stop the announcement & beeping?wired
Category: Computer
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 2 years ago.

Christopher Bessler :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer! I will make every effort to assist you. If you have any questions after reading my posts feel free to ask me!

Christopher Bessler :

The likelihood is that there is a small battery on the circuit board.

Christopher Bessler :

It will not be a 9-volt, double-A, or triple-A battery.

Christopher Bessler :

Look for something much smaller that looks like a watch battery.

Christopher Bessler :

It will probably be in a tiny plastic case directly soldered to the board.

Christopher Bessler :

THAT is the one that needs to be replaced.

Christopher Bessler :

You appear to be offline.

Christopher Bessler :

In the mean time I will switch this to a Q&A format question so you can come back to it at any time. I will also be notified when you make a posting.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

--- THREE IMPORTANT NOTES ---

1- Please click the ACCEPT button. This is what completes the transaction.

2- If the answer doesn't work please let me know and I will be happy to continue troubleshooting the issue with you to ensure you are satisfied.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us.

Please bookmark my site http://bit.ly/the-hi-techs so you can contact me directly when you have a new question. Thank you
Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer
Experience: 17 years troubleshooting PC/Server/Printer and network
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I canno find the battery case... where is it located?
It should be directly on the board. Can you see the board? It will be green and/or brown.