Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.

Why cant I find my Facebook page when I search for it on Facebook?

Customer Question

Why can't I find my Facebook page when I search for it on Facebook? It is published and public and has 128 likes but new fans can't seem to find it in a search. Have tried looking through all the setting options and can't seem to see what is wrong. Need HELP!
Category: Computer
Expert:  lordnomi replied 4 years ago.

you may ask your fans to search you by your email address

or try to access it via

Login to your administrative Facebook account (the personal account of one of the admins) and visit your Facebook Page.

Click the Edit Page button on the right.

Under Manage Permissions, there is an option for Countries. People often enter their home country or their customer’s countries in this box, but that will cause problems. If someone is not currently logged into Facebook, Facebook does not have an immediate way to identify their country so it will force them to login first before they are allowed to view your Page. Remove any countries listed here, and just leave the Countries box blank. (Unless you do want to restrict certain countries from seeing your Page at all.)

With that setting adjusted, your Facebook page will be viewable publicly, even to visitors who are not yet logged into Facebook. They will be prompted to login when they decide to “like” your page.

JACUSTOMER-zk8k573o- :

Does not work. Page name isXXXXX Gymnastics

JACUSTOMER-zk8k573o- :

Looked at the countries thing and we didn't have any country restrictions to start with.

JACUSTOMER-zk8k573o- :

JACUSTOMER-zk8k573o- :

If I type this in my brower

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I type into my browser it comes up with page saying "page not found".
Expert:  lordnomi replied 4 years ago.
try this
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That doesn't link to our page. The trouble I am having is if you "search" within Facebook for our page it doesn't come up? Secondly, it would be great to be able to search for it external from Facebook via http.
Expert:  lordnomi replied 4 years ago.
It takes sometime for google crawlers to list the new pages
i found this
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I remote into your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Haven't really got an answer yet but remote access I don't think is the answer bc you would need to log into Facebook as me. How will remote access help?

If I remote in, you could log into the Facebook account that is in charge of the page and locate the problem within your account.

Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry Jason. Didn't have time to follow up on your suggestion. Can we continue?

I will be available for the next 14 hours.

Please, post a message here when you are ready for the remote link.

Thank you,