Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

I am trying to download skype and the norton antivirus wont

Customer Question

I am trying to download skype and the norton antivirus won't let the program connect to the web,how do I get around this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer. I am Jins here to assist you. What is happening when you are downloading skype ? Do you getting any error message from norton? If so give me the exact error message.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
skype setup (1) exe has no available reputation information
Okay, which version of norton you are using? Do you have this problem with any other downloads?

Regards
Jins
Norton internet security have a feature named Download Insight. It protects your computer against any unsafe file that you may run or execute after you download it using a supported Web browser. By default, Download Insight is turned on. In this case, Download Insight notifies you about the reputation levels of any executable file that you download. The reputation details that Download Insight provides indicate whether the downloaded file is safe to install.

You can use the Download Intelligence option to turn off Download Insight.

To turn off Download Intelligence

1. In the Norton Internet Security main window, click Settings.

2. In the Settings window, click Web Settings.

3. In the Download Intelligence row, move the On/Off switch to the right to the Off position.

4. In the Settings window, click Apply.

5. In the Select the duration drop-down list, select how long you want to turn off Download Insight, and then click OK.

After it download skype again. Click here to download skype.

Regards

Jins

POSITIVE Feedback And A BONUS Are Always Appreciated ..

PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE LEAVING A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It didn't work. I had already tried that. Skype says there is a problem with the internet connection, try again. Home page of skype says unavailable.
Okay, then please click here and download firefox web browser. Install and launch firefox web browser. Then go to www.skype.com/go/downloading with firefox and try to download.

Regards
Jins

Please ACCEPT My Solution If It Helped ..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried that, it didn't work. Same thing happened, skype unavailable,"problem with internet connection"

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help but we are taking our computer to a shop tomorrow. I wish you could have solved my problem.
Okay, Now the problem is with internet connection? Don't you get the norton message? Anyway please try this. Click on the windows Start button. Type msconfig in the start menu search text box and press Enter. You will get open the microsoft system configuration utility window. Click on the Startup tab. Click on Disable All button. Then click on Apply.

Now click on Services tab. Select the check box for Hide All Microsoft Services. Now click on Disable All button. Then click on Apply and then OK.

Restart the computer and try to download again. Reply me the result.

regards
Jins

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
never mind, we took it to a shop and got it taken care of . Thanks for your help anyway.
Happy to hear the problem resolved. If you think I helped you in someway please click on the accept button. Then only I will get paid for my time and efforts. Otherwise you can close this question and can ask for the refund of your security deposit. Anyway remember justanswer, when you need any assistance again.

Regards
Jins