Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

aol has locked my account after asking me to change password

aol has locked my account after asking me to change password XXXXX i said no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you,

Here are the steps below to reset your AOL password. If you are a paying AOL member there is also an option for you to call instead.

1. Click here ------->

2. On the Sign In screen, click Forgot Password?

3. Type your Username or email address in the first text box. In the second text box, type the characters (letters and numbers) displayed in the image exactly as you see them, using capitalization where necessary, and then click Next.

Note: If you don’t see the image clearly, click the refresh button to the right to display a new image. If that doesn’t help, click the volume button to hear the hidden code.

4. Just like when you log in to your bank’s website, we need to verify that this account belongs to you. Click on one of the options listed to confirm the information provided or type the correct answer. In some cases, you may be asked choose an additional option.

Note: If you have a paid account and need further assistance, call Member Services at 1-800-827-6364.

· If you choose to verify your alternate email address and click Next, an email will be sent to this account. Click the Yes, I would like to reset my password link in the email to reset your password. The link will expire in 72 hours.

· If you choose to answer your Account Security Question, a second form of ID will be requested. Click Next.

· If your cell phone is registered with AOL, you can select Text My Mobile, enter your phone number and click Send. (If your number is XXXXX registered, this option will not appear.) Enter the confirmation code we text you and then click Submit.

5. You can now reset your password. Your password XXXXX XXXXX and must be six to 16 characters long. Reset your password XXXXX typing a new password XXXXX the New Password box, and then re-typing your new password XXXXX the Re-Type New Password box. Click Next.

6. Congratulations! Your password XXXXX been reset. Click Done to sign in with your new password.

Note: If another window pops up asking for your name, age, etc., don’t be alarmed! If it’s been awhile since you last updated your account profile, we may take this opportunity to ask you to fill out any information we don’t currently have on file.

If you are a NON-PAYING AOL MEMBER and cannot complete the steps above then follow these steps:

For further assistance you can contact a representative directly by calling 1-855-PWRESET(NNN) NNN-NNNN, Monday - Saturday, 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM (eastern standard time).

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
they have blocked my user name for suspicious activity
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the response - Please follow my steps above