Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 35 years experience in the service and repair of all types of electronic equipment.
12940042

I use a Blue Soleil product with my Stenograph Diamante steno

I use a Blue Soleil product with my Stenograph Diamante steno machine which allows my steno machine to talk to my computer. Lately during the middle of writing a job I get a message that Bluetooth disconnected. No data goes from my steno machine to the computer. It seems to never do this at home, (I work on campus with deaf students) has done it on campus in different classrooms, and it really seems to act up in one classroom in particular. I thought I was downloading an update to this bluetooth device and got a bunch of stuff on my computer that I really didn't want...and the bluetooth is still having intermittent problems. I will be going back into a class in 15 minutes. I have another break in the afternoon.
Can you help me?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 2 years ago.

Dan - Master Tech :

Greetings, since the problem occurs in different levels depending on location it would appear that something on campus is interfering with the bluetooth signal. While the nature of the bluetooth technology is to change channels to avoid interference, there are situations that can cause extended loss of data and a consequent disconnection. Check for other electronic devices in the area of use including any Wi-Fi use and disable or power them off. Since the problem is greater in one particular classroom you may be able to note any electronic devices that exist there and not the other areas. If wireless routers are used on campus, it may be that your proximity to the Wi-Fi transmitter of the router may be contributing to your problem.

Dan - Master Tech :

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance. Dan

Experience: Over 35 years experience in the service and repair of all types of electronic equipment.
Greetings again, I am curious as to what you may have found to be causing interference. As a service technician of over 40 years I take note of solutions even if they are done online in this manner. At the same time I would also not want you to pay for a solution that did not yield results and if that were the case I would continue to offer my assistance.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Looking forward to hearing from you,