Brad
Brad, Computer Technician
Experience:  20 + years, cert. Win NT, xp, vista Windows 7, Net sec
669790

my webcam image is upside down_

Customer Question

my webcam image is upside down_
Category: Computer
Expert:  authentech replied 2 years ago.

authentech :

Hi my name is Todd and I will assist you today.

authentech :

Can you tell me what model of laptop / computer you have? If this is an external camera, please tell me the model of that as well.

authentech :

Here are some generic fixes without knowing your camera and computer model:

authentech :

1. Modify WebCam setting

You might be Mirroring Vertical in WebCam Settings, you need to modify your webcam setting so that webcam upside down can be solved. To see if your camera software has a option to flip/adjust camera frames, and do as the following:

Choose: options point right video Capture Filter.
Check the settings for "Vertical Flip" and change it.

2. Download a Webcam Driver

AsusYou can download the latest Webcam Driver to solve webcam upside down problem. Go to the ASUS support site and download the Webcam Driver corresponding to your hardware PID and install it. Here is the guide for how to install your Webcam Driver:

Right click "My Computer", and click "Device manager".
Find your camera and right click, select "update driver software".
Select Browse my computer for driver software.
Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
Select Have disk and then browse to your folder with the driver then hit on it.
Now finish the installation, just test the camera.

3. Edit Windows Registry

To solve webcam upside down issue, you can edit Windows Registry by following steps:

Click the "Start" menu.
Select "Run".
In Open box type "regedit" and click "OK".
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE point right SOFTWARE point right Sunplus SPUVCb point right VIDEOPROCAMP.
Change VFlip value to 1.

authentech :

Do not attempt the registry one unless you have these exact options. Changing values in the registry can cause harm to your computer if you do not follow directions exactly or know what you are doing.

Customer :

MSI wind top series desktop built-in webcam

authentech :

wind nettop, wind box? Exact model?

Customer :

just a sec

Customer :

Wind Top AE2010

authentech :

ok one sec

Customer :

MS-6650 V1.X

authentech :

Windows 7 32 or 64 bit?

Customer :

i don't know

authentech :

go to start, right click on Computer, select properties

authentech :

Should tell you on that screen Windows 7 and if it's 32 or 64 bit

Customer :

just said internet explorer

authentech :

Can you also Right click on Computer and select Manage. Then go to Device Manager and find imaging devices and tell me what camera (web cam) it has

authentech :

you didn't do the last thing correct. Go to the start button in the bottom left corner of your screen (looks like a circle with the windows logo), then Right click on the right column where it says Computer. Select Properties. This will bring you to a screen with lots of info...on it is System Type: it will say 32 or 64 here

Customer :

Lenovo easy cam

Customer :

64 bit

authentech :

ok I found someone else with this problem and they posted a solution. You may have to get the Vista 64 bit drivers for this to work, but otherwise let me know.

authentech :

1. Go to the Lenovo website and download either the Windows Vista 32 bit or XP drivers. I don’t know why I chose the Vista drivers over XP version except for that I chose the Vista version and it worked. I downloaded the Y510 Lenovo Easy Camera Vista drivers at:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_651.html

Driver Name: Lenovo Easy Camera Driver
Family: IdeaPad Y510
File Size: 16.9M
Driver Version: 1.0.0.3
File Format: exe
Release Date: 2008-08-21
Description: Applicable
OS: Windows Vista 32bit
Manufacturer: Lenovo
Last modified date: 2011-01-12
Download Here: IN1CAM22WW3.exe

2. Double click to open the file and it will extract the files. My files went to the folder:

C:\drivers\IN1CAM22WW3\

In this folder was:
Lenovo Easy Camera(Bison) folder
Lenovo Easy Camera(Logitech) folder
DEV
Setup

3. I opened the Lenovo Easy Camera(Bison) folder for no other reason but when I tried it with the Logitech folder, it didn’t work. I guess this means my camera is Bison brand.

4. Select and right click the Setup.exe file for Properties
a. Choose the Compatibility tab
b. Check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
c. On this same tab, under the Privilege Level heading, check the box for “Run this program as an administrator”
d. Click Apply > OK

5. Now double click this Setup.exe file to install the driver.

6. Restart your computer when prompted.

Voila! Your webcam will be right side up now!

authentech :

Or here http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ot/en/driversdownloads/Drivers_Show_2639.html#

Customer :

are you saying it won't work with Windows 7?

authentech :

No I'm saying use the Vista drivers with windows 7. Many devices use the Vista drivers for Windows 7 devices

authentech :

Unless you see windows 7 drivers there

authentech :

This link has the windows 7 64 bit drivers

authentech :

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ot/en/driversdownloads/Drivers_Show_2639.html#

authentech :

just go to that and click download on the middle left side of the page

Sorry I lost the connection to you. Let me know if this works! Please click ACCEPT to give me credit for helping you if it did and thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I followed your last instruction and Skype could not recognize the webcam. I then did a system restore. At that point Skype recognizes the webcam but image is still upside down.
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.

There is a possibility that the camera chip was installed wrong at the factory.

The ways that you can test this are:

1. Through another application

2. Through another computer

3. Through another camera