networkdoc
networkdoc, Network Administrator
Experience:  5+ years of Information Technology and Systems Experience
33059174

How do I sync my iphone with my hp computer?

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  networkdoc replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for choosing JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you this evening.

In order to sync your iPhone with your computer you will need to do the following things:

First you will need to download the current version of iTunes and install it on your computer. You can follow the steps below and you should be good to go.

Setting up syncing

Before setting up syncing you should download and install the latest version of iTunes. Wi-Fi syncing requires iTunes 10.5 or later and iOS 5 or later. You can change your sync options at any time. Each time you sync, content is synced between your iOS device and computer to reflect new, updated, or deleted content.

USB syncing

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Connect the iOS device to your computer using the included USB cable and select it in iTunes under Devices on the left-hand side. Some tabs may not appear if you do not have corresponding content in your library. For example if you do not have any podcasts in your library, the corresponding Podcast tab will not appear.
  3. Click Apply, in the lower-right corner of the screen, to sync.

Wi-Fi syncing

1. Open iTunes
  2. To set up Wi-Fi syncing, connect your iOS device to your computer with the included USB cable. Select your device under Devices on the left-hand side.
  3. In the Summary tab, select "Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi".
  4. Whenever the computer and the iOS device are on the same network, the iOS device will appear in iTunes, and you can sync it. The iOS device will sync automatically when all of the following are true:
    • The iOS device is plugged in to power
    • iTunes is open on the computer
    • The iOS device and the computer are on the same Wi-Fi network
  5. While the iOS device appears in the left-hand column of iTunes, you can select the content tabs and configure sync options.
  6. Click Apply or Sync to sync the iOS device.

If the iOS device does not appear in the Devices section or you are unable to sync, please see this article for troubleshooting.

What you can sync

• Applications
  • Audio content—music, podcasts, audiobooks, and iTunes U content
  • Bookmarks
  • Books
  • Contacts
  • Calendars
  • Movies and TV shows
  • Photos
  • Notes
  • Documents (File Sharing apps only)
  • Ringtones

Additional Information

The first time you sync the Info tab with your iOS device, you are asked if you want to merge data, replace data on the service, or replace the data on your computer from the following applications:

• Mac: Address Book, iCal, Microsoft Entourage, or Microsoft Outlook 2011
  • PC: Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Addressbook (XP) and Windows Contacts (Vista and Windows 7)

4 IMPORTANT THINGS (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated.

You can always reach me directly at
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-networkdoc/