Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor in Technology, 7+ years of experience

Customer Question

My system is running XP Pro. The system goes to a blue screen when I attempt to install windows updates, McAfee anti virus or attempt to clean up the system. What would you reccomend. Thanks Paul
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sandy replied 4 years ago.

sandy :

Hello Sir/Madam, Welcome to Just My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician and will assist you today.

sandy :

I will help you step by step:

sandy :

I suggest you to scan your computer using the free version of anti-malware software. This will remove all of the malwares, spywares, viruses from the computer.

Note: If you have Anti-virus programs like Norton, mcafee, CA, kaspersky installed on the computer, still I suggest you to download and install Malwarebytes as the Anti-virus program does not remove Malwares generally.

Please open the following link and download free version of malwarebytes.

Please click download the latest verion on the top left hand side and install it.

After that, click Quick scan and click start.

It will take around 10-15 minutes to scan. Once the scan is complete. You will see a link, "Select All". You will click "Select All". After that you will click "Remove Selected"

Then you will see a pop up with options, Yes or No. Click Yes and this would restart your computer.

sandy :

Message from Expert, Sandy(Me)

Please let me know if you need further help.

Please scroll down and click the ACCEPT button as this is only I am compensated for my time, work and efforts. You can return to this question at any time after Accepting by simply clicking Reply To Expert. Thank you! Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.

Please bookmark this page or add to Favorites