Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Associates in Computer Sciences ; Cisco Product Expert.
29701876

How do I get rid of blue circle by pointer with Windows Vi

How do I get rid of blue circle by pointer with Windows Vista?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Hans Uebelhoer replied 5 years ago.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today. Please let me know when you are ready to start.

Hi, so I am not 100% sure what the issue is from reading your description so I have some questions for you to allow me to help you.

1. Are you trying to change the way your mouse pointer looks so that when things are processing you do no see the blue round circle but instead see something different.

2. Is your computer seem to be locked up and you cant get the blue circle to go away.

If you are not looking for either of those please let me know what you need so I can assist you, Please provide as much detail as possible so that I may help you better.

Regards

Hans U
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The light blue circle keeps rotating next to the curser. I think it means the computer is searching for something. How do I make it go away?
That is correct it means there are processes processing still. My question is, is it stuck like that? Or are you trying to make it so that the blue circle does not appear when processes are running?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm would like the circle to disappear.
Ok, so this cirle is supposed to be there to let the user know that the computer is thinking when you click on things. If we make it go away you will never know when the comptuer is actually doing what you told it to do. Then what will happen is you will start opening up the same program multiple times because you are not sure if it worked the first time you clicked on it, this will slow down the computer and in the end cause you to time. SO there is no way to get rid of that process completely there is a way to change it so that something else appears there such as an hour glass etc. If you still want to change it to something besides a blue cirlce please use my steps.

1. Click on start
2. Click on control panel
3. Click on hardware and sound
4. Click on mouse
5. Click pointers
6. There will be a drop down box that says Schemes, click on that and choose a new scheme.

Note: You will see a box below that will show you what your new scheme will look like, what you are looking for is the one called "working in the background" that is what will replace the blue circle.

ALso if none of those default mouse pointer schemes interest you can can download load custom ones such as the ones on this site HERE, but be careful many sites such as this one have spyware so be careful on which sites you choose.

Regards

Hans U