Netman70
Netman70, Computer Systems
Experience:  Network Engineer
63572512

roku remote isnt functioning. did pairing ,still not work

roku remote isn't functioning. did pairing ,still not working.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm an professional technician here to assist you with your question.

Have you got the remote with the Roku or individually?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Okay, what happens when you try to pair it? Also, how are trying to pair it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the status lights flash for 60 times they stop and flash one at a time 3 times when they flashed for 60 times they flashed at the same time
Okay, once the code is in, you must keep tapping the enter or Ok button to save the coding.

All of them flashing indicates it is not saved.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i did what you wrote and nothing happened.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i did what you wrote and nothing happened. the lights flashed ,i continued to tap ok and still nothing
After pressing ok after the set up, did you press the On/Off button?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my remote does not have a on and off button.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
has not solved my problem.
Hi, Welcome to just answers, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer. Do this for me please. Grab your digital camera and turn it on. Grab the remote and hold it in front of the camera so that you can see the remote on the camera's LCD screen. Start pressing buttons on the Roku remote. If the remote is working, you will see a blue light coming from the front of the remote in the camera's screen. This is because the remote emits infra red light and camera sensors can see it - your eyes can't. So if you see the blue light, the remote is working and you have other issues with the Roku. If you don't have a digital camera a camcorder will work also.
If it is working then Do a factory reset from the paperclip button (hold down for NO less than 30 seconds). That should reset both the Roku AND the remote.
Let's try that first. Let me know.
If I have answered your question to your satisfaction, please remember to click ACCEPT to help my rating on 'Just Answer'.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't have a digital camera or a camcorder. After all this time I think I need to return the roku to be repaired.
before you do that Do a factory reset from the paperclip button (hold down for NO less than 30 seconds). That should reset both the Roku AND the remote.
Netman70, Computer Systems
Experience: Network Engineer