cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

My samsung laptop cursor is jumping around while i type in

Customer Question

My samsung laptop cursor is jumping around while i type in word or email.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nalosin replied 2 years ago.

Nalosin :

Hello

Nalosin :

I can try to help on your question

Nalosin :

Which Windows version you have

Nalosin :

is it XP, Vista or Win7

Nalosin :

and is it 32bit or 64bit?

Customer :

Win 7 - 64bit.

Nalosin :

Ok. Great

Nalosin :

I will send you a link for touchpad drivers that you need to install in order to fix this problem

Nalosin :

Please download and install and let me know how it goes:

Customer :

ok, thanks.

Nalosin :

Here is the link. Please right-click on it and open it in a new window

Nalosin :

that way you will still be with me on this chat window if you need any assistance

Customer :

i am not sure as to the exact model of this laptop, is this a universal driver?

Nalosin :

Yes

Nalosin :

I don't need the exact model

Nalosin :

This driver is the same for all touchpads

Customer :

should i run or save?

Customer :

i have saved but the going is slow... 1hr so far.

Customer :

will run once it has downloaded.

Nalosin :

OK. No problem

Nalosin :

I will be here if you need anything

Nalosin :

Any updates?

Customer :

having problems downloading from this location. came back from my first run saying not a valid win32 app? will re-download.

Nalosin :

It seems that it was not downloaded completely

Nalosin :

ok

Customer :

having problems accessing from this location. i will try from work in the morning.

Nalosin :

Ok. Please bookmark this page (add to favorites)

Nalosin :

and let me know tomorrow

Nalosin :

This solution fixed issues with touchpad for most customers

Customer :

thanks, i will advise.

Nalosin :

ok

Customer :

I have downloaded that file now. will run this evening on my home computer and confirm.

Nalosin : Ok.
Customer :

I ran that file and restarted the computer per its instructions. Unfortunately it has not seemed to solve the problem and the cursor still jumps around while typing :(

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.

The solution to cursor jumping problem was to use a utility called "touchfreeze" which will freeze your cursor while you type, thus avoiding the jumping problem.

download the touchfreeze software from Google code website and installed.

This is not the real solution for this problem. This is only a work around until Microsoft come up with an appropriate problem to handle this problem on the laptops with touchpads (but found out it does fix the problem for most laptops).

I also found this: Double click on touch pad icon in your system tray. click on "Pointer Options". Then click on "Advanced" tab in left upper corner. Click on Advanced Feature setting. Click on "Settings" in Pointer speed and tapping setting box. Uncheck "Enable Tap" box. Click Apply.

Also found this: IT's the Enhanced Pointer Presision Feature

Just turn it off .... TO turn off the Enhance pointer precision feature:

Click Start, click Run, type control mouse, and then click OK.
Click the Pointer Options tab, click to clear the Enhance pointer precision check box,click Apply and OK.

You can also try this: starting Computer in Safe Mode F8, then doing a Virus Scan.

Please click accept and leave feedback if you are satisfied with my answer.