Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

My Yahoo email was hacked and my contacts erased. How can I

My Yahoo email was hacked and my contacts erased. How can I retrieve them? A fake email was sent to many on the list stating that I was stranded in Scotland and needed help paying hotel bill, etc. Currently I have no way to let potential recipients know.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 4 years ago.
Hi! My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you and providing you with the information you need. Press CTRL + D to bookmark this page.

To restore your address book, please go to "CONTACTS" on Yahoo Mail and select "Deleted Contacts" on the left side and see if you can restore them there. (Older mailbox styles will see “View All Contacts” above the contacts list – if you see this, click on it and pick “Deleted Contacts” and restore them from there.)
Otherwise, if you don’t see them in either of the above mentioned locations, please go to the following link:

Complete the form and yahoo will work to restore your contacts within 24 hours usually.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am going to accept answer but must tell you I already did all and have seen no result. The fact is that there may be one word difference in my request for restoration of my inbox emails, Im not sure. Also another part of this process the assignment of a new emal password. I do need to know how to request a refund? I will pay because I know that a guy has to make a living and a engineering degree doesn't come cheap. As for the new address in all likelihood you had nothing to do with it. stan

Hi Stan

That's rather offensive; I agree.

I will pass that on to the technical team of justanswer to see if that type of random word can be excluded.

That isn't related to your email passwor. It is just a password XXXXX justanswer. Thank you for the accept.