Justin
Justin, Network Administrator/Not Limited
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration
2888018

Internet Explorer 9 keeps shutting down on me. It restarts

Customer Question

Internet Explorer 9 keeps shutting down on me. It restarts and as far as I have been able to tell it starts again with everything as it was but is a real nuisance. I have a Intel i5 cpu M460 @ 2,53GHz, 2 cores, 4 logic processors and 6G of Ram. Something I can do.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
Greetings,

Please read: Remember to return and click the Accept button ONLY once your issue is resolved. If the first answer does not work, just REPLY to me and we will continue.

Just to be on the safe side I'd give your computer a once over scan with this post infection cleaner. It has a high detection rate. Viruses tend to impact java, so better safe than sorry.

You may download it here:

http://tinyurl.com/justinmal

Install it, run it. Do a System Scan. If it finds an infection, click Show Results and then click Remove Selected. You may want to bookmark or add this page to your favorites in case it asks you to restart.

Lastly, perform a small reset on Internet Explorer. Even if you're using AOL's software, it uses IE at its core for a lot of settings. To do this, click here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Download the fix it now tool, and follow the instructions. When it gets to the reset portion, leave the box unchecked and continue with the reset.

Generally speaking, crashes in IE, are due to infections or add-ons. This will target both.

Try it first, and then let me know the results, only Accept if everything is working. If not, just reply and confirm you've done the above.