authentech
authentech, Systems Admin
Experience:  I am a MS Certified Systems Engineer
58460175

how to delete mozilla foxfire

Customer Question

how to delete mozilla foxfire
Category: Computer
Expert:  authentech replied 2 years ago.

authentech :

Hello my name is Todd and I will assist you today.

authentech :

Can you tell me what operating system you are running? Windows xp? Vista? Windows 7? Mac?

Customer :

xp

Customer :

is there a windows 9

authentech :

no...7

authentech :

To uninstall Firefox on Windows, follow these steps:

1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (File menu in Windows XP) and then clickExit.
  2. From the Start Menu in the Windows taskbar, select Control Panel. The Control Panel opens.

Open Windows 7 Control Panel
    Full Size Image
  3. Open the Windows program listing.
    • (Windows Vista/7) Click Programs and then Programs and Features.
    • (Windows 2000/XP) Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
  4. From the list of currently installed programs, select Mozilla Firefox.
  5. To begin the uninstall:
    • (Windows Vista/7) Click Uninstall at the top of the window.
    • (Windows 2000/XP) Click Remove on the right of Mozilla Firefox.
      If the Uninstall Wizard does not run, you can start it manually, by running helper.exe, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
      (32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe
      (64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe
  6. In the Mozilla Firefox Uninstall Wizard that opens, click Next.
  7. Click Uninstall.
    • If Firefox is still open, you must close Firefox to proceed with the uninstall.
    • If you want to remove your Firefox user data and settings, put a check mark in the box that saysRemove my Firefox personal data. If you select this option, Firefox will not preserve your bookmarks, saved passwords, and other data if it is installed again.
    • To provide feedback on your Firefox experience to the development team, select Tell us what you thought of Firefox.
  8. Click Finish.
  9. To remove added plugins or other files and folders that may not be removed by the uninstall, you must manually delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
    • (32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
    • (64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox

Customer :

i have tried all this so many times but nothing works

Customer :

i tried it again nothing

authentech :

What are you trying to solve? What problem are you having with firefox?

authentech :

You can also try Revo Uninstaller

authentech :

It removes all registry entries for the program as well

authentech :

I hope this helps you. Please click ACCEPT to give me credit for the assist. Thanks and let me know if you have any other questions!

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.