derrickonline
derrickonline, Information Technology Manager
Experience:  15 years experience in the Information Technology field.
22792886

C:\Users\MULTIMEDIA\AppData\\Local\Temp\WER-69373-0.sysdata.xmlC:Windo

C:\Users\MULTIMEDIA\AppData\\Local\Temp\WER-69373-0.sysdata.xml
C:Windows\Minidump\020712-26754-01.dmp

The above files were displayed on my screen on bootup. Mentioned bluescreen which freaked me out a bit. MS displayed the links after a normal bootup choice requested by me. I take it they refer to where a problem lies. Please advise me as to what it means and how it can be resolved.
Category: Computer
Expert:  derrickonline replied 2 years ago.
I'd be more than happy to assist you. I wouldn't call this a major issue. Something simply crashed. Crashes happen from time to time. It could be related to software recently installed or outdated drivers. I would do a Windows Update to ensure all Windows software and drivers are up-to-date.

If it continues to happen than you'll need to track down the issue further but will require extensive time, hence the reason I had you start with the updates then you can keep any eye out to see if this happens repeatedly.

Another option, Windows will detect crashes and attempt to go online and determine what the issue is. It doesn't always have an answer but sometimes it does.

On your task bar near the clock, look for a little FLAG icon. Click the flag icon, then select Open Action Center. At the top you'll see RECENT MESSAGES AND RESOLVE PROBLEMS. On the left select archived messages, or you may have the recent crash listed on the first screen. If there is an error listed you should have the option to CHECK FOR SOLUTION. Click that and see if it comes back with any information.

Experience: 15 years experience in the Information Technology field.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Derrick

Thanks for your reply. According to the action center there are apparently no problems with my PC so I guess I just panicked. As an elderly person I'm prone to worrying too much as I rely on my pc a great deal. Perhaps Win 7 just took care of the problem, if any, itself. I appreciate your input and I know where to come should I need assistance in future. Thank you.

Wynn M. XXXXXXXXXX

Wynn:

Always happy to help. I suggest you still go forward with the Windows Update. It wouldn't hurt to make sure you have the latest patches, fixes, and drivers. Simply click the Windows Update icon and let it do it's thing.

If you're happy with my answer please also be sure to click accept. This ensures I get credit (if you're happy). Also feel free to come back to me directly or any Just Answer expert in the future.