Netman70
Netman70, Computer Systems
Experience:  Network Engineer

How can I convert Lotus Word Pro documents to Microsoft Wo

How can I convert Lotus Word Pro documents to Microsoft Word?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Netman70 replied 2 years ago.

Netman70 :

Hi, Welcome to just answers, My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be assisting you today.

Netman70 :

you need to go here and download Lotus KeyView ftp://ftp.lotus.com/pub/lotusweb/product/smartsuite/ ( Kvlotus. exe )

This will open the .lwp file, so you can then copy and paste the data into MS Word.

Customer:

It will not open

Netman70 :

what will not open?

Customer:

I clicked on the web site you gave me but it will not open.

Netman70 :

Ok sorry about that can you copy and paste it in your address bar

Customer:

It says "this server does not host this domain."

Netman70 :

here is the correct link ftp://ftp.lotus.com/pub/lotusweb/product/smartsuite/

Customer:

should i just type in the address?

Customer:

no go

Netman70 :

I just opened it

Netman70 :

try to copy and paste it please

Netman70 :

once it opens click on the Kvlotus.e xe

Netman70 :

were you able to get to the web page?

Customer:

it says loading data

Netman70 :

The web page?

Netman70, Computer Systems
Experience: Network Engineer
Expert:  Netman70 replied 2 years ago.
Chat wasent working I couldn't see your response so I switched us to Q&A mode.
Expert:  Netman70 replied 2 years ago.

Here is the steps you need to follow after you open the web page and click on the file Kvlotus.exe

Select your computer's "Desktop" as the location to save the file---so you can find it quickly. The converter program will download to your computer.

7
Click on "Run" if prompted with a Windows' "Open File -- Security Warning."

8
Click "Unzip" when the "WinZip Self-Extractor [Kvlotus.exe]" dialog box appears on your screen. The converter will unzip to a folder on your computer's "Desktop" or other location you selected in step 6.

9
Click on the "KVLOTUS" folder. Double click on "Setup."

10
Click "Next," then click "Next" again when prompted.

11
Click "Finish." The program will load on to your computer. A "Readme" file will appear---close the file by clicking on the "X" in the upper right-hand corner.

12
Click on "Start," and go to "All Programs," then "KeyView for Lotus." The converter will open.

13
Click on "File," then "Open." Navigate to the directory containing your Lotus Word Pro files.

14
Double click on the ".lwp" file you want to convert. The file will open in KeyView for Lotus.

15
Highlight the text by clicking and holding down the right button of your mouse while you move down the page of text.

16
Press the "CTRL" and "C" keys together to copy the highlighted text.

17
Click on "Start," "All Programs," "Microsoft Word." Microsoft Word will open to a new, blank document.

18
Press the "CTRL" and "V" keys together to paste the highlighted text into the new, blank document.

19
Click on "File," "Save As" to save the converted file in Microsoft Word.

20
Navigate to the directory where you want to save the file.

21
Enter a name for the the file in the box next to "File name." Click "Save." Your Lotus Word Pro file is now a Microsoft Word file.