Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer

how to fix authentication failed

Customer Question

how to fix authentication failed
Category: Computer
Expert:  QCIHDTM replied 4 years ago.

when do you receive his messge? When doing what?

Also, what's the exact message you are receivng?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It happens when I try to check my email

error message: there has been an error transfering your mal. I said: pass <shhhh! don't tell anyone.> and then the pop server [[email protected]] said: error

authentication failed.

Expert:  Jess replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thank you for using I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using an AOL email? Or are you sending to an AOL recipient?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am running Eudora version
Expert:  Jess replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for that information.

What is your email provider,,,, or others?

(Please tell me the tail part of your email address only, like, NOT the full email address)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Jess replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for that information. Let us first check as to where the problem lies. If it is with Eudora or with your email account.

Let us check your email account first. Please click on this link and then sign in to your email account:

In that page, enter your full email address, enter your password then check email. See then if you can get your Inbox.

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

error login failure check your email address and re-enter your password

I tried got the answer

Expert:  Jess replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for that information. This just proves that the problem is not with your Eudora email program. Instead, it is the email account itself.

Please try to login to your email account again from this link:

If you are still unable to sign in, then the problem is your email account. If you have the cPnael access to your hosting account, please login to your hosting account then reset the password of your email. If you don't have access to your website's cPanel account, please contact the person managing your web and email server to reset the password of your account for you.

Here is the link to access your cPanel account:

If you are the owner of the website and the web hosting account and you have no access to the cPanel account, please contact your web hosting company.

I hope you find my answer helpful. If you do, please Accept and leave a positive feedback if you are satisfied. A bonus is always greatly appreciated.

Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

If the problem is NOT solved, please do not leave a negative feedback. Instead, post a REPLY so that we can continue further.

Best regards,