Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

hello, i am unable to listen to pandora, a dropdown box tells

Customer Question

hello, i am unable to listen to pandora, a dropdown box tells me " sorry it is our fault, please reload" when i press "reload" it cycles back to the same dropdown box.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for asking your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be your expert today.

It appears at the moment Pandora is down for everyone right now. These types of outages can sometimes last from a few hours to a day or two, unfortunately I don't have an exact time table on when it will be back up. However there is nothing wrong with your computer or your web browser.

In the future, if you ever need to , please go to www.doj.me and enter any website in there. You can check for updates to the status by clicking HERE as well.

I hope this has helped you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello, thank you -- i must be very impatient-one question however---i do not want the offer for 5 computer questions for a charge to my credit card--is this a one time fee? erica
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.

I apologize I actually don't have any exact detail on your billing, I just answer technical questions, however if you emailXXX@XXXXXX.XXX they will certainly make sure you are not on any ongoing plan if you do not want to be.

Let them know you wanted this to be a one time session only, and you should also get a confirmation email. If you have any further issue you can post back here as well and I will assist right away.

Best regards,
Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience: 6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.

Actually, after double checking Pandora again at doj.me, it appears to be up, I can't tell if Pandora was really down to begin with

I apologize for this...I will keep working with you until it is fixed, or you can get a full refund at the email I mentioned earlier. There is no further charge to reply back to me and I would like you to take some other steps, please let me know:

Are you using Internet Explorer for your internet browser? It has a blue E as the icon, and you click that to get to the internet. Please let me know this detail before we continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am using the blue "e" on the browser at the top of my page, originally i added pandora.com and then subsequently am able to opne the dropdown and click on pandora for it to open
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX click HERE it should bring you to another Pandora page, can you get the music to play there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it still tells me to reload, that it has encountered an error and it's "our fault" (whatever that means)
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Got it, lets try this:

To make sure you can return to me, please favorite or bookmark this page, or use this web address (write it down): http://is.gd/VUzcSc

Now looking at the top of your Internet Explorer screen right now, do you see a File menu (File Edit View Favorities Tools Help)? If not, press the ALT key on your keyboard and it should pop up.

Then, go ahead and click the Tools button > Pick Internet Options > On that window, click the delete button > Another window will pop up, make sure the Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, and History boxes are checked, then press the Delete button

Now click the Advanced tab > Press the reset button, then press reset again > Close and reopen IE and then test Pandora again, I'll stand by.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not finding internet options under tools
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Please check at the bottom:

graphic

If it is not there, you can get to the Internet Options by clicking Start > All programs > In the search box type inetcpl.cpl and press enter on the keyboard

graphic

It will bring up the same internet options so you can carry out the steps.

As a test, you can also go to www.firefox.com, and download the browser there for free. Install Firefox, then double click the Firefox icon on your desktop to use it. Inside the Firefox browser type www.pandora.com in the address bar at the top, then press enter, and see if Pandora works with Firefox ok.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
found it, went thru the steps that you deliniated, no luck, i will try firefox` why do u think this happened, i've never had a problem with pandora
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
I see, I'm thinking Internet Explorer got corrupted or there was a recent add-on that is having trouble with Pandora. I will need to log off for the night but will be here at 6AM tomorrow and will check for any emails, I will leave you with these steps for now and try to reply asap tomorrow, thank you:

Please try Firefox and see if it works ok with Pandora, and see if it works ok, if it does, I highly recommend using Firefox it is a much better/faster browser in my opinion and rarely has issues like IE does. You can have both on the computer, and Firefox can import all your IE favorites.

However, if you want to pursue IE further, please try these steps:

Click the Windows Start button, then type internet explorer in the search box, you should see results for it above. Please select Internet Explorer (no add-ons) and see if that lets you back on Pandora without any issues.

Or go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (no addons)

If that works:

Inside Internet Explorer, Click Tools, and then click Internet Options > Click the Programs tab, and then click Manage add-ons.

Click an add-on in the Name list, and then click Disable > Repeat the previous step until you identify the add-on that is causing the issue.

If Pandora is still not working, click here: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/ie_freezes_or_crashes/

Click the green Run Now button on the page, then download and run the FixIt program. Follow the prompts and see if that resolves your issue, it may ask you to restart.

You can also try this one: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/ie_performance_and_safety/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank u i will try the above listed options, it tried to download an updated version of adobe-had trouble-will try again, thank u -- nice to meet u--i really want my pandora back--erica
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Please click here: http://tinyurl.com/sssj9

What version of Flash player does it say you have on that page? Let me know if you see anything that says This plugin is disabled.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it says 11,0,1,152 dont see anything about being disabled
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Ok good, that looks like the latest one, when did you get the Adobe error, was it while running Firefox?

Did Firefox work with Pandora by any chance

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no firefox did not work with pandora i also tried slacker to see i f it would play and it did not
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i tried slacker again, and it said that flash stopped and to restart, not sure how to restart flash

Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
I see, it appears to be more than a browser issue but with flash as well. Lets try 2 things

1. Uninstall Adobe Flash using the uninstaller tool, click here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

After you've installed and used the Adobe Flash uninstaller tool to remove previous flash versions, get the Flash offline installation for Firefox, click here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/

Run the installer after it has downloaded, once setup starts, close all Firefox windows, and make sure your antivirus is turned off, it should now install correctly.

Then, using Firefox, try Pandora or Slacker again. You may need to then click the orange firefox in the upper left, then click add-ons, and make sure there are no flash items disabled in the add-on list (just click the enable button next to them if they are).

2. If that still does not work, since this started happening fairly recently, lets try this: Click the Windows Start button > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Follow the prompts to pick a restore date and time before your issue occured. You may need to check the show more restore points box to see more dates to pick. Make sure it says system restore successfully completed after it restarts your computer (let me know if it doesn't), then check if the issue is still there.