Richard W.
Richard W., IT Manager
Experience:  Supporting server and desktop computers for 15 yrs

how do you merge an icloud contact list with outlook contact

how do you merge an icloud contact list with outlook contact list so they remain the same?
how do you merge an icloud calander with outlook calander.
Tried to make a group calender of the two it doesnt merge and it won't let me delete it.
Can you log in and fix or do i have to follow instructions?
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If this is all the better just answer works i am cancelling my membership.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is not a mac issue i have a pc. it is an outlook issue. i have already paid for monthly unlimited support also
My name isXXXXX will be happy to assist you today. If you would like me to assist in the future, just include Richard W. in the question title.
What version of Outlook are you using? I believe that only Outlook 2007 and 2010 are supported.

Please go through the following steps to troubleshoot the problem. Note the second bullet point about how the data is put into iCloud. After following these steps, please come back to this page and let me know what the status is.

If you are having trouble with a PC (with Outlook 2007 or 2010) and iCloud Calendar, try each of these steps, testing after each to see if the issue is resolved:

• Verify that you are using a Windows configuration that is supported by iCloud. For more information, see iCloud System Requirements.
  • When enabling Calendars in the iCloud Control Panel, part of the setup process is to copy your Calendars data from the default Outlook ".pst" file to iCloud, and then remove the Calendars from the ".pst" file by placing them in the Deleted Items folder in Outlook. The Calendars data is then stored in the iCloud data set within Outlook so that changes can be pushed to and from Outlook by iCloud. Be sure you are looking for your data within the iCloud dataset within Outlook after enabling Calendars in the iCloud Control Panel. The deleted files can be seen by viewing Deleted Items within your Outlook Folder List. This is not iCloud removing your data; iCloud simply copies your data into the iCloud data set and then removes the local Calendars data by placing it in the Deleted Items folder.

• Make sure your computer is online. Attempt to view and If you can't connect to the Internet, your iCloud calendars and events will not update in Outlook. Click here for more information about troubleshooting your Internet connection.
  • Open a secure website to test if you are online as is necessary for iCloud Calendar. This also tests if the ports 80 and 443 are accessible. Outlook requires port 443 access to iCloud in order to push and pull updates to and from the iCloud Calendar servers.
  • Verify that your iCloud member name is XXXXX XXXXX the iCloud Control Panel pane. See iCloud Setup for more information about setting up iCloud on Windows.
  • Completely close and reopen the iCloud Control Panel.
  • If you recently made changes in Outlook and they are not moving to your other devices or vice-versa, click the Refresh button in Outlook.
  • Turn iCloud Calendar off and back on:
    1. Close Outlook.
    2. Open the Windows Control Panel and choose iCloud.
    3. Remove the check mark in the check box next to Calendar and click Apply. Wait a few seconds and then replace the check mark and click Apply.
    4. Open Outlook and test to see if the issue has been resolved.
  • Ensure the iCloud Outlook Add-in is active within Outlook.
    • Outlook 2010:
      1. Open Outlook 2010.
      2. Click the File menu.
      3. Click Options in the left panel of the Outlook window.
      4. Click Add-Ins in the left panel of the Outlook Options window.
      5. Look at the list of add-ins beneath "Active Application Add-Ins" and verify that the "iCloud Outlook Add-in" is listed.
    • For Outlook 2007, follow these steps to verify the iCloud Outlook Add-in is active
      1. Open Outlook 2007.
      2. From the Tools menu, choose Trust Center.
      3. Select Add-ins from the left column.
      4. Look at the list of add-ins beneath "Active Application Add-Ins" and verify that the "iCloud Outlook Add-in" is listed.
    • For additional information about managing Add-ins with Microsoft Outlook, please see this Microsoft support document.
  • Restart your computer. This may sound simple, but it does reinitialize your network and application settings and can frequently resolve issues.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I believe your answer is probably correct but I am not sure what exactly to do. Can you log in or call?
Please see this link for additional info:
Richard W., IT Manager
Experience: Supporting server and desktop computers for 15 yrs
Can you tell me a specific time, including time zone, as to when you will be available to work on this? I am sure that I can help you, but I also have to help other customers.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is 4:42 eastern standard and I am available to talk.
Are you still needing assistance with this issue? If so, please let me know. I will still help you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please see this link for more information:
No need to respond to this message right now. Based on what you have said, I think you would be happier using MS Exchange to sync all of your data and devices. Microsoft and GoDaddy both have hosted Exchange services. There are other providers as well. These are just examples.