John, Computer Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

My Lenovo laptops monitor will not turn on this morning.

My Lenovo laptop's monitor will not turn on this morning. It was in sleep mode overnight, and I've stilll got two lights showing -- the two on the left, one showing the on switch and one showing a battery. But the two other lights will not come on and the monitor is dark.
Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.

cyball83 :

Hello and Welcome to Just answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today

cyball83 :

Sir can you please specify the full model of the lenovo laptop?

Customer:

No, I'm sorry, I don't have the literature with me. I bought it about a year ago.

cyball83 :

do you have the laptop with you?

Customer:

Yes.

cyball83 :

on the bottom of the laptop you can find the series and model number

Customer:

OK, the series number is s/n CBU3469763 and the m/o is CB00080402

cyball83 :

ok one moment please

cyball83 :

On the laptop does it say lenovo G560

Customer:

yes

cyball83 :

OK then that is the model number,now please do the following

Turn off the laptop (ifs on )and disconnect the AC adapter. Remove the battery and press and hold the power button for about 60 seconds. Release the button do not insert the battery back now plug the adaptor back and turn on the computer. See if the problem persists.

Customer:

How do I remove the battery?

cyball83 :

one moment please

Customer:

Also, I can't turn it off. When I push the on/off switch, the two lights stay on.

cyball83 :

press and hold the power button for 3 to 5 seconds and it will turn off

Customer:

ok, it did turn off. thanks.

cyball83 :

ok now i will send a image how to remove the battery

Customer:

I think I found the battery on the bottom of the computer, at the back.

cyball83 :

Full Size Image
yes that is correct now do as it is shown in the picture

cyball83 :

did you remove the battery?

Customer:

YES! It seems to have worked.

cyball83 :

is the laptop up and running now.are you in desktop now

Customer:

yes, my desktop looks normal. Should I put the battery back in?

cyball83 :

yes turn off the laptop and remove the power cable and then insert the battery back and then turn it on.let me know

Customer:

Yes, everything seems normal. Thank you!!!

cyball83 :

you are welcome.do you want to check again

Customer:

You mean turn it off and then on again?

cyball83 :

did you plug in the power cable back when you turn on last time

Customer:

No, it's still unplugged.

cyball83 :

ok once again turn off then plug in the power cable and turn it back on and let me know

Customer:

ok, just a minute.

cyball83 :

ok

Customer:

Everything seems normal.

cyball83 :

Glad to know that.

Everything seems to be working fine so please don’t forget to click ACCEPT button in this chat page & leave a POSITIVE Feedback . That’s the only way i get paid for the services that I have provided to yo.some Bonus will be well appreciated

cyball83 :

Have a Great God Blessed Day too

Customer:

ok, thank you again.

cyball83 :

You are welcome

John, Computer Specialist
Experience: MCP, RHCE