Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

how can i get rid of mystart incredibar toolbar. Microsoft

how can i get rid of mystart incredibar toolbar. Microsoft Security Essentials doesnt.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you and providing you with the information you need. Press CTRL + D to bookmark this page.

Just to confirm, this is happening in Firefox, not Internet Explorer, correct?

Do you see "Tools" on the top of Firefox?

FS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its also happening in Internet Explorer too. Cant see tools on top of firefox, or under it
OK

Please tap the ALT key

Do you then see File/Edit/View/History/Bookmarks/Tools...?

FS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes- and i also see tools
Great!

Now, please go to Tools --> Add-Ons

Click the puzzle icon on the left side (for a list of add-ons)

Do you see anything related to mystart, incredibar, etc., in that list? (You may have to scroll down to see it)

FS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No - there are a few but mystart MyStart incredibar not amongst them. Then Checked Explorer but Explorer seems to have been entirely taken over by MyStart and although I can get tools to appear, there is no add-ons heading in what was Explorer
OK

Thanks for letting me know

It sounds like, unfortunately, internal settings were changed.

However, it's really easy to reset Firefox back to factory settings so let's go ahead and try that.

Then we can move on to Internet Explorer.

Please press Ctrl+D to bookmark this page so that you can easily return to it...

Now, please go to Help (top-left; if you do not see it, tap the ALT key) and select Help --> Restart with Add-Ons Disabled…

Check these boxes:

-Disable all add-ons

-Reset toolbars and controls

-Reset all user preferences

-Restore default search engines

(Do NOT check Reset bookmarks)

Then click Make Changes and Restart, and that should resolve the issue for you.

If you do not see Help --> Restart with Add Ons Disabled, you will need to close ALL Firefox windows (including the one you are currently viewing this page in, if you are using Firefox) then please go to: XXXXX XXXXX > All Programs > Firefox > Firefox (Safe Mode)... and follow the same steps as above.

Let me know how it goes; thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok - firefox now seems ok thanks. Now for Explorer ?
OK; great

In Internet Explorer, please go to Tools > Internet Options. (If you don't see Tools, tap ALT, or hold ALT and while holding ALT, press T)

Click on the Advanced tab...

Click Reset, then Reset again.

Click OK out of those windows once it's complete and close all Internet Explorer windows…

and then open up Internet Explorer again.

That should get it removed for good; thanks!

Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience: Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.