tbwhite2040, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years Computer Support Specialist County School System, 3+ years Networking Specialist

Hi Im having "The ordinal 681 could not be located in the

I'm having "The ordinal 681 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" error message.

From what I'm seeing, it looks like I need to to do a reinstall of Windows.

The version disc I have for that is Windows XP 2002 - when I did a compatibility check it says the version I have on my computer is newer than the disc.

It is ok to go ahead with anyway? Can I update once installed?

It's driving me nuts not being able to access things except through the Task Manager - I cannot get the 'start' menu, so trying anything from there doesn't work...

Thanks for any advice

tbwhite2040 :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you in finding an answer to your question.

tbwhite2040 :

Yes it would be Ok to reinstall the Windows XP 2002 nd then update all service packs and windows updates. Just make sure that when you reinstall your format the drive erasing all partitions so you only have one partition

ah ok

is that it then?

is there something that causes this?

tbwhite2040 :

A virus could be causing it since you can't access any icons accept thriough the Task Manager

ok, thanks for the quick response... looks like I have a long day ahead :)

tbwhite2040 :

You are welcome and if I have answered your question please click Accept and leave positive feedback