Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

I have Netflix, how do I get it to show up on my TV screen.

Customer Question

I have Netflix, how do I get it to show up on my TV screen. Specifically what cords, plugs, gagets do I have to activate to watch Netflix.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, I’d like to help you with your problem. When you are satisfied with my answers, please remember to click on accept.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me what source you are using for your netflix programming?
Is it a function built into your tv or bluray player? Are you trying to get neflix through the computer to display on the tv?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Source? Here's what I have: Computer on network, Comcast Infinity Router with cable connection, USB, and Ethernet slots; Dual Tuner/HDTV from Comcast; Sony DVD Home Theatre System; Samsung Blue-Ray; LG flat screen TV 50 inch.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you need a source to provide the netflix connection. You could connect the computer to the tv (using tv as a monitor), or depending on the model, you may have a netflix app built in to either the tv or the bluray. Do you know if you have this functionality on either? If so, you'd need either a wired or wifi internet connection to the bluray/tv.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't want to have to connect my computer to my TV to get Netflix.
I want to turn on the TV and go to Netflix with the remote. Please give me the instructions to do it this way. What cord, gaget, USB, do I connect, and to what to get this result: Turn the TV on and click to NETFLIX.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Please give me the model number of your tv and your bluray player, and I can guide you further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Samsung BluRay Model # XXXXX
LG Television Model # XXXXX
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Your tv does not have native support for netflix, it is not a "smart tv" and doesn't have internet connectivity or apps built in.

Your bluray player is however and will support netflix streaming. Your bluray has a built in wifi adapter, so it can connect to your home wifi network to get internet access, including streaming netflix.

You'll need to go to the tools/setup menu on the bluray player, look for the network option, then connect it to your home wifi network (assuming you have one). It will scan for available networks, select yours, enter your wifi password (I'll help you look it up if you don't know it) and then you'll be connected, and can go into the smart tv apps section and select netflix. You'll need to set up a netflix account and pay your monthly subscription, then the player will give you a code the first time you use netflix which you'll enter into your netflix account on the computer, or you'll sign in to your netflix account on the bluray.
Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience: Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Later I will try to implement your answer.
Thank you so much. I will keep in touch.
Vivian
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome Vivian. Please keep me posted if you have any trouble getting it working.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.

(I have to reply back, and have the last reply so you'll be able to respond to me in turn, which is why I'm responding again)